Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-11 16:47:38

**_thomasattrp_**

Lost Connection During Meeting Today

At about 3:20 p.m. EST today we were in the middle of an online Connect Pro session. We had two computers signed in in Host mode.  One presenting and the other monitoring.  The monitoring computer froze and we got a message saying we had lost connectivity (this message was in upper right hand corner of meeting room)  About a minute after that the presenter's computer also froze. The computers didn't freeze, just the meeting.  Our web browser otherwise surfed the web fine.  We were totally locked out of the meeting room for 7-8 minutes.  Finally, we were able to get back in and resume the meeting. Participants stayed with us and were there when we got back. They lost the live video and audio when we crashed, but it came back when we resumed.  One participant said afterwards that in the audio after we came back there was a strong echo.

We have hosted account and good open T-1 Internet connect.  We checked after our meeting and there was no loss of bandwidth on our end  during the meeting.

Thoughts on what might have happened and how it might be prevented in the future?

Thomas

#2 2009-02-12 10:46:57

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Lost Connection During Meeting Today

I can tell you that something was going on on Adobe's end becase we had some issues yesterday with a live presentation, and then came to work this morning to find out that Adobe servers were down, affecting at least 3 clusters of their hosted service.  Not sure what the problem was, but I just saw things are back up after a couple of hours.  Not sure how long they were down though.

This is based on the assumption you were using hosted service.  If you were using licensed service, I have no idea.

-Chris

#3 2009-02-12 11:47:50

**_thomasattrp_**

Re: Lost Connection During Meeting Today

Hosted. We also learned this morning that the servers were down. Thomas

Board footer