Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-09 16:15:41

**_feebee45_**

FLV files wont upload

Hi -
We are using Adobe Connect ENTERPRISE. We have v7. i found out that the max file size to upload is 1 GiG. I am uploading FLVs that are about 200 - 300 MB. I go to upload them - and the browser just hangs and hangs and hangs - like it is doing something (why doesnt ADOBE HAVE A PROGRESS BAR?????) - and then after HOURS - i get a "page cant be displayed". This is becomming a real problem. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

1. anyone know what might fix this problem? Maybe too many temp files on the server? Something we can clear off?

2. is there any way to get these files on the server w/o going through the connect interface using a browser???????????

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Mandy

#2 2009-02-09 17:29:21

**_roysdenc_**

Re: FLV files wont upload

Hey Mandy,
    So I have done a couple of things depending on the situation.  First, I have have put a .flv in a powerpoint slide using Presenter and publised that from powerepoint.  The other way (and way I usually upload .flv files) is to open a share pod in the meeting room I will be using and share from my computer.  Not the best way, I know, but it works. 

One question I do have is what settings are you using to make the .flv?  Maybe that will make a difference.

-Chris

Last edited by **_roysdenc_** (2009-02-09 17:29:51)

#3 2009-02-10 09:41:27

**_feebee45_**

Hi Chris,

I am rendering the FLV as web small setting in adobe media encoder. i lower the bit rate toa bout 200 or less to decrease the file size. I just go mostly with the standard web small settings.
So basically,  you are saying that it's normal for these files just to not upload to connect and there really isnt much of a solution? i cant share from my computer because im often times not there and also, much of what we do is to just record the meetings and then make them available on demand.

Please let me know...

#4 2009-02-11 13:06:19

**_roysdenc_**

So, I haven't tried just posting the .flvs to the Connect server very often because the need is often a last minute request.  What I usually do is load them from my computer to the room we will be using.  I do not know if it is normal for files to not upload to Connect.

As far as rendering .flvs, we use Camtasia 4 and Premier Pro, and typically use 200k bit rate at 20 fps.  That being said, is sounds like what you are doing with adobe media encoder should be right.

I understand what you are saying about sharing from your computer with not always being there because they are recordings.  We actually use Connect Pro mostly for recording as well, and typically use one specific room for all recordings.  One thing that may help is something that Connect does automatically. 

Prior to the meeting, load the .flv in a share pod in the room that will be used.  At that point it becomes content of that room and if it gets closed, you can pull it up again from the pods list (pods>share>flv name).  Though not ideal, this should work.  The video will only disapear if someone clears the content through the organize pods option.

-Chris

Board footer