Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-09 11:26:32

**_mark2741_**

Cannot Make Offline Recording

I recorded a meeting this morning and cannot move the meeting to the content library or make it offline.

Here's the situation:

I logged into the meeting as a host. The meeting room was setup by another user. I recorded the meeting and then, immediately after the meeting/recording was finished, I went into the meeting owner's User Folder and moved the recording to my meeting folder.

It is now listed with the recording icon in my meetings folder, but when I click on the 'Recordings' link it is not listed. I'm also not able to move it to my content folder.

I guess I screwed up and moved it right away and shouldn't have? Any way to make this offline?

mark

#2 2009-02-09 12:43:21

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Cannot Make Offline Recording

Mark,

The first thing here is you can't move a recording from one Meeting Recording folder to another. You can move the recording to a content folder, but not back to a Meeting Recording folder. That said the Recording should now be living in either the Recording section of the meeting room from which it came, or in a content folder that you moved it to.

As to it's link and if something broke because you moved it... I don't know of any situation that would cause the recording to fail because you moved it. If you used VoIP for the audio, then as soon as you stop the recording it is complete and available to view or move. If you used Premiere/MeetingOne for your audio, they claim up to 24 hours for the recording of the audio to be associate with the meeting recording (but it usually takes 30 mins to 1 hour), then even though you moved it you may not get to view the recording (because it is not ready).

In the end, moving a recording using the phone bridge should still not cause a problem, but that would be my best guess as to what happened. To easily find the recording use the Search box in the upper right hand corner of the server GUI. Search the room name. You may have also put it in a folder that you didn't intend to and by finding it you would be able to move it to a location of your choosing.

#3 2009-02-09 13:11:57

**_mark2741_**

Hi Jorma,

I was able to move the meeting recording from one user's meeting folder to my meeting folder. I just now moved it back to the original user meeting folder that I had previously moved it from, hoping it might now be listed under the Recordings link for it's parent meeting, but no luck.

It appears that, when I moved it, it became it's own, unlinked meeting (even though it's a recording). I cannot (and I've tried multiple times now) move it to a content folder. It's not even an option as the content folders don't appear when trying to move it. Just the meeting folders.

I can view the recording fine. I just can't make it offline. It just appears in the meeting folders but that's it - not as a 'recording'. It views/works fine.

mark

#4 2009-02-09 14:05:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Mark,

Did you move the entire meeting room to your meeting folder? I'm just not sure how you could move the recording to another Meeting folder. When I move a recording this is the only option I see (content folders only):

Moving+Recordings.JPG?download=Moving+Recordings.JPG

Are you seeing any other options?

#5 2009-02-09 14:16:04

**_mark2741_**

No, I moved just the recording. It's odd. Even now, it is listed in the user meetings folder, but it's not a meeting - it's a recording.

I hate to guess at the technical root cause, but it's as if Connect is treating it as a meeting 'object type' even though it is a recording.

I couldn't look at your screenshot (permissions weren't opened up on it on your end), but I took a screeenshot of this particular user's meeting folder where the recording resides after I put it back:

http://elearninglive.com/temp/connect_recording.png

mark

#6 2009-02-09 14:27:49

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I  fixed the permissions on my image, sorry about that. I'm not sure how you got the recording in that folder (that should have never happened). I think that Adobe Support is your best option at this point.

#7 2009-02-09 20:22:29

**_tlchurch_**

I agree - even if you had used Premiere and it somehow messed up the audio sync with Premiere, the recording would play fine, just without any audio.

#8 2009-02-09 21:34:08

**_mark2741_**

I called Adobe Support and the rep had to elevate the issue to their engineers. It's clear to me that, in a nutshell, what happened is that the recording got typed as a meeting instead of as content and that is what is causing the problem. My guess is they'll just need to move the file to the content folder manually on the server itself and it should be fine. I suppose I'll hear something when I get into work in the morning.

mark

#9 2009-02-10 11:30:50

**_mark2741_**

Follow-up:

Not sure what they did (and they didn't call me to notify me it was done), but I checked and it's fixed now.

My guess is they went onto the server itself and moved the meeting room recording from the meeting room folder to the content folder where it could be made available offline, but that's just a guess.

To clarify what caused this problem, here are the steps if anyone wanted to try to reproduce it or avoid it:

Immediately after a recording of a meeting was stopped, I:

1. Logged in under my account (Administrator) into our hosted Connect Pro instance.
2. Navigated to: User Meetings > Another User (where 'Another User' is the user who setup the meeting I recorded, and where all recordings will be stored with the related meeting by default).
3. I clicked on the meeting that I recorded.
4. I clicked on the 'Recordings' link.
5. I clicked on the 'Move' button.
6. I moved it to my own folder, where it was stored in my meetings folder.

Once I did that, I could not make it offline.

mark

Board footer