Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-09 13:41:37

**_jcole07_**

Animation Triggers

I want to have some objects on a slide appear when the learner clicks on a button on the same slide.  When I published the presentation, it treated the animation on trigger as a normal animation and it automatically played as oppsed to when the button was clicked.  How do I fix this?

Thanks.

I am using Presenter 7.0.2 and PPT 2003.

#2 2009-02-09 13:53:43

alistairlee

Re: Animation Triggers

This type of user interaction is better suited to Adobe Captivate than Adobe Presenter.  I don't believe Presenter offers this functionality out-of-the-box, but you could try a few work-arounds.

Presenter can import flash files (including interactive flash files) onto slides.  If you can build the interaction and animation in flash, you could then import that onto the slide.

An easier option might be to break your slide into 2 different slides.  Create a hyperlink on the first slide that links to the second slide.  The second slide would automatically play the animation.

In both of these examples - remember to set your slide so that it does not play automatically by going into the Slide Manager and setting "Advance by User" to "Yes"

#3 2009-02-09 14:17:24

**_jcole07_**

Re: Animation Triggers

Thanks.  I went ahead and did option 2 (creating another slide with a hyperlink to it). I love how Adobe sings Presenter's praises but neglects to tell you about all of the functionality that's lost upon publishing (this isn't the first time). 

But I do appreciate your response Alistairlee.

Board footer