Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-06 14:36:12

**_sarah_**

Getting embedded MP3s in a PPT to play in Connect, Presenter Published

I have 3 MP3s in a PPT file that I have published to my Connect server using Presenter, but the audio files are not heard once the file is published. I have put the MP3s in the same folder as the published PPT on the Connect server, but this did not work. How do I get the PPT file to recognize the MP3 files and play them with the file?

Thank you!

Sarah

#2 2009-02-06 14:55:53

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Getting embedded MP3s in a PPT to play in Connect, Presenter Published

Presenter will not recognize any audio or video inserted through the Insert Media function of PPT. If you are going to insert an audio file in Presenter you MUST use the Insert Audio feature of Presenter.

#3 2009-02-06 15:04:21

**_sarah_**

Hi, thank you for the response! But it's not helping. I did try inserting the audio through the Insert Audio feature, however, I am trying to get the audio track to play in the background while the slides (60 of them) are playing. The Insert Audio puts the entire MP3 on the first slide.

I'm not sure if PowerPoint is set up to do this. Do you know?

Thanks again,

Sarah

#4 2009-02-06 15:12:24

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can, in the Audio Editor, move the slide markers to change the slides during the playback of the MP3. However, I would suspect that you will not like the fact that it puts strange breaks in the audio as it changes slides.

Presenter can do 1 audio track. If you want to get fancy, you can have the audio you record in Presenter and then insert a FLV or SWF with audio and they will play at the same time, but this is not the answer you are looking for.

If you want a background audio track build the presentation in Captivate, as it has the option of a background audio track.

#5 2009-02-06 15:33:37

**_sarah_**

Thank you! That did help, and you were right about the sound break that is made between slide transitions.

Thanks again, you were very helpful!

Sarah

Board footer