Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-03 14:29:56

**_Carri.Saari_**

Can I take the audio and video from a Connect recording and add it to

Can I take the audio and video from a Connect recording and add it to any of the following:
Presenter
Captivate
PowerPoint
?

Had a really good audio/video capture but the PPT was lost. Would like to do some creative editing to create a decent module.

Thanks.

#2 2009-02-03 14:48:07

**_gajett_**

Re: Can I take the audio and video from a Connect recording and add it to

it depends. 
how many attendees shared audio/video?  If more than one or two, you may be in for more work than you'd like.
If just one (easiest) or two, it's do-able.
each person's 'stuff' (shared docs, a/v) is stored separately, so one presenter is best, or you'll spend a bunch of time piecing the session back together.
to download the files: http://your.connect.link.com/recording/ … wnload=zip
where 'recording' is replaced by the system generated string, and FILENAME is replaced by what you'd like the file called.
This will get you a zip w/ all of the recording assets.  Typically, the largest .flv file is the one you want to start with.  You can convert that to .mp3 (stripping the video), or .avi, or .mp4, etc... using SUPER, or something similar.  If that's the one you need for your presentation, simply import into Presenter, as it's already .flv. 
if you need a/v from more than one source, try richFLV, or convert to .mpg, etc.. and use your a/v editor of choice, then re-convert to .flv (for Presenter).

Good luck!  It's do-able, but it will probably take some work!

greg

#3 2009-02-03 16:22:30

**_Carri.Saari_**

I am playing the file in Adobe Media Player and recording the audio with Audacity. I can make notes of the slide transitions so editing will be easier (I hope) when I add it to the PPT in Presenter or Captivate.

I'll post back here on how it worked out.

-C

#4 2009-02-04 14:26:58

**_mstork_**

Hi

I get this page when trying to download a zip, through the URL you provided.

com.macromedia.airspeed.StatusException$NoAccess: <status code="no-access"/>
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.sendFile(ContentHandler.java:385)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.sendMappedFile(ContentHandler.java:301)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.service(ContentHandler.java:112)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:278)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
    at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Please elaborate on how to download a zip of FLV components.

Thanks

Last edited by **_mstork_** (2009-02-04 14:31:55)

#5 2009-02-04 15:31:32

**_gajett_**

You must:
be logged in (have an active session in the browser) *and* be entitled to the content.  Either administratively or it is your content (created by you). 

The error you are seeing is telling you with the first line (com.macromedia.airspeed.StatusException$NoAccess: <status code="no-access"/>) that aren't logged in (no active session).

To make it simple, use FireFox - log in to your account, find the recording url you are looking for, open a new tab and use that for the download.  The system will see your active session from the first tab.

Greg

#6 2009-02-04 16:10:13

**_Carri.Saari_**

Yes - Using Firefox with option to open URL in a new tab is the best.

#7 2009-02-06 09:34:46

**_mstork_**

Hi Greg and forum

Could you post your typical settings for avi, mp4, or other convertions. screen size, compression, etc.

avi is said to be the best but obviously it's HUGE.

I'm testing to find the smallest file with acceptable quality.
Super has so many variables.

Thank you

#8 2009-02-06 09:55:08

**_gajett_**

Could you post your typical settings for avi, mp4, or other convertions. screen size, compression, etc.

--- all depend on what it's for.  Obviously, since you started w/ what amounts to screen captures and webcam quality video, you're never going to get HD quality.

The biggest factor is usually delivery method - web/cd/usb, etc...
Second biggest is visual quality and what is deemed acceptable.

Only you, or the people you are producing the video for can make some of those determinations.  It often requires some trial and error to achieve the best results.

If you post back your intended use, I'm sure I and others would be willing to offer our 2

#9 2009-02-06 10:28:33

**_mstork_**

I am mainly interested in converting back to FLV and loading back into Connect Pro.

I have to re-sync the audio with the screen shots- 1 presenter, no remote interaction.
Convert in Super, edit in Premier CS4, upload to Connect Pro.

In the future I'll test out sizes for other web applications or DVD.

Thanks

Mike Stork

Board footer