Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-29 18:37:35

**_scottrbw_**

Problems publishing after upgrading today to 7.0.2 --

I was happy as a clam with 7.0.1, I thought ...then I noticed that Adobe had 7.0.2 on the support site.  Wow, I thought, won't that be great! 

Problem 1:  The module I've been working on all week now has issues with animations (it ran just fine before).  All the animations appear in the first 5-10 seconds of my slide playback (even though they are timed perfectly when using Edit Audio or Synch Audio).  Can't figure this out.

Problem 2:  I tried re-synching the animations on one slide, and deleting the rest of my slides, saving in a new file (shorter) so that I could reduce my test cycle.  Now the publishing aborts while parsing the Powerpoint file (although there is no error message), and I'm totally out of luck.

I'm using Windows XP (SP3), Powerpoint 2002, and Presenter 7.0.2 (Build 7464, downloaded TODAY).

I'm calling Adobe support in the morning, but dinner's waiting on me at home, and I'm hungry ..

If all else fails, I'll uninstall Presenter and roll back to 7.0.1 until Adobe says this really works ...

Anyone else with similar issues?

Scott

#2 2009-02-04 18:32:06

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Problems publishing after upgrading today to 7.0.2 --

So, I can tell you that Presenter 7.0.2 works far better than 7.0.1, which is why it was released so quickly (7.0.1 had a number of problems).  However, that does not mean 7.0.2 doesn't have its own problems. 

What I do know is that not all animations a supported in Connect, and I have seen any number of animations work one day and not the next.  We also have font issues, texbox issues and smiple product working issues, but that is another story. 

When things aren't working during playback, is it playback from Presenter, or are you publishing locally and viewing the output?  Are you planning on the transitions happening at a pre defined time, or when you clicked them while recording your audio?

If you have contacted Adobe Support (since it has been a few days since your posts), what did they tell you?  Also, if you have rolled back to 7.0.1, has your experience improved?

Give us an update andmaybe we can help you figure thsi out.

-Chris

#3 2009-02-05 13:23:57

**_scottrbw_**

Re: Problems publishing after upgrading today to 7.0.2 --

My fix to the project I was working on involved re-synching ALL slides with animations, and re-publishing.  This was successful (but highly annoying and a huge waste of time). 

RE: your question:  "When things aren't working during playback, is it playback from Presenter, or are you publishing locally and viewing the output?  Are you planning on the transitions happening at a pre defined time, or when you clicked them while recording your audio?"

--> The curious thing on this failure was that playback in Presenter (using Record Audio or Synch Audio, for example) was OK.  Then, after publishing locally (or on the Connect server), all animations (which had been placed by either clicking them during Record Audio, or from Synch Audio -- none were timed, I know that doesn't work!) played in rapid succession at the beginning of each slide, rather than when I had planned for them to appear ...

Now, we're seeing several different issues with "Edit Audio", including losing the connection between the Powerpoint file and the audio folder, which results either in Powerpoint failing completely, requiring a reboot of the PC, or simply having to re-start Powerpoint. 

Adobe tech support said that one key thing seems to be making sure that one has compressed all images in a Powerpoint (?), and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling to fix the audio problems. 

At this point, I've rolled back to 7.0.1 and I haven't had any issues, but time will tell. 

I suspected most of our issues had to do with working with an older version of Powerpoint (2002), but from having read the forums this week and looking at the tech support notes on the Adobe site, it looks like the 2007 version doesn't play very well with Presenter to an even larger degree. 

Scott

Last edited by **_scottrbw_** (2009-02-05 13:29:34)

Board footer