Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-29 11:25:23

**_Bloke_**

Chapter Headings in Recorded Presentations

Does anyone know of a way to insert chapter headings into a meeting recording?

If I make an hour long Connect session, I'd like to be able to break it up into segments within the editing process, is there a way to do this by any chance?

I would like to be able to click on a point 5 mins in and entitle it 'Point 3' for example. A user viewing the presentation can then go straight to that point, without having to view through the first 5 mins to find where 'Point 3' is.

Any ideas?

#2 2009-01-29 12:21:40

**_dyun_**

Re: Chapter Headings in Recorded Presentations

Hi Bloke,

I don't know if you have noticed, but Connect Pro recordings natively provide something similar to what you are asking.  If you click on the arrow button (Archive_Transcript.png) a navigation pane appears. 

You may be wondering how/when the system enters an entry into the nav...well any time one of these actions is performed, a new nav entry is created:

*  A piece of content is loaded into the Share Pod (a document, a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, a video, a Captivate demonstration, and so on).
    * A user begins sharing their screen.
    * A user begins broadcasting audio or live video from the Camera and Voice Pod
    * A slide is advanced in a presentation.
    * A chat message is sent.
    * A meeting layout is changed.

So you could potentially organize the meeting such that a new layout is used for each "chapter" which would create an entry each time the layout is switched so a user could immediately jump to that point.

This article is still relevant (sorry it says Breeze still), with some info about how recordings work, best practices, etc: http://www.adobe.com/resources/breeze/m … rding.html

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for. but hopefully this is helpful.

Best,
David

#3 2009-02-04 09:43:45

**_Strasse_**

Hi dyun,

I have the same question as Bloke. Read your article but didnt find the answer.
So: I have a meeting recorded. I edited it a bit.
Now I want to make some fancy chapters like:
Demo
Small Discussions
All Hands

Can I do this?

Many thanks!

#4 2009-02-04 13:44:50

**_jameslloyd_**

David,

Editing the index of recordings really would be a great feature.  I had a last-minute presenter substitution recently and so the "John's slides" layout was used by "Patricia"!

-
james

#5 2009-02-04 18:09:45

**_roysdenc_**

So to answer the original question from what I know, you cannot add these headings once the recording is done.  You would have to do that with the slide deck from the begining.

To chime in with everyone else, this is yet more editing functionality that would be nice to have.  I know David has setup a specific place to make suggestions like this that we should put this in.

Chris

#6 2009-02-04 20:39:41

**_dyun_**

Strasse and Bloke,

You are right, there is currently not a way to add custom bookmarks/chapters to your recordings.  I would recommend that you post that to the suggestion box and/or submit to the product feature request form: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/ind … e=wishform

Best,
David

Board footer