Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-02 16:46:05

**_tayers999_**

Error: Adobe cannot compact the recordings for this presentation

I'm getting the following error when I try to save or publish a file with audio recordings. I'm using Adobe Presenter 6.2.  I used the audio editor to lay down the audio for all slides but for some reason they will now not "compact", so when I try to publish the presentation to flash, no audio comes along with it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tsa

#2 2009-02-03 17:06:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Error: Adobe cannot compact the recordings for this presentation

When you say you used the Audio Editor, what exactly did you do there to lay down  your audio? Did you record directly into the audio editor?

#3 2009-02-03 20:28:36

**_tayers999_**

Yes, I actually did record directly using the audio editor.  I find it give me more control over what is taped for each slide, plus I can do some direct editing as I do it.  Is this creating part of my problem?  I did actually find a work around for this.  I opened the presentation and audio file on another laptop that was running XP with Presenter 6.2, and it was able to compact the recordings. 
So problem solved for the time being -- although I'd like to know if using the audio editor to record tracks is not recommended.

#4 2009-02-03 23:10:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I don't know of any issues with recording directly into the audio editor, other than you don't get a script to work with.

You mention that another laptop was running XP. Does that mean that you were working on Vista? That may be an issue (it's easy to blame Vista, I know), but I don't know of any Vista/Presenter 6.2 issues.

If running on XP solves the problems, then I would just run with that.

Board footer