Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-29 13:48:08

**_Weisst_**

participant disconnected by computer locking

Hi, sorry i did not search to see if this issue has come up elsewhere.  We have V6 of Connect Pro.

We had an instance where the participant was watching a presentation, and since he was inactive on his desktop, the computer went into locked mode (as per our security policy, when a PC is inactive the workstation locks ).  After the user did his usual Ctrl-Alt-Delete and entered his password, he found himself disconnected from the meeting and had to reconnect into the room.  Anything that can prevent this or is this soething we have to live with?  Much thanks.

#2 2009-01-29 16:27:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: participant disconnected by computer locking

Wish I knew of a better answer, but the best solution is to have the user move their mouse to keep the computer from locking.

#3 2009-01-30 16:10:14

**_dyun_**

Hi Weisst,

The way that the product is supposed to work is that upon reconnect, the meeting re-authenticates the user.  If successful, the meeting pods refresh and connection light in the top RH corner turns green. 

I just verified this is how it works for me on my own laptop.  I was connected to a meeting, shut my laptop, logged back into my computer.  At first, I was not connected to the meeting, but after about 3-5 seconds, the pods all refreshed and the light turned green.

Are you able to reproduce the behavior described by your participant?  Did the participant give the meeting time to go through the reconnect process?

Best,
David

#4 2009-02-03 15:45:33

**_Weisst_**

Jorma, that's what I was originally thinking as well.....

Hi David,  I don't think the participant gave the adequate time.  We'll try this out thnx.

Cheers,
Tony

Board footer