Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-03 04:15:58

**_ran_**

Create custom users

Today there are 3 types of users in connect (participant, presenter and host) we would like to have a fourth, a user who has the right to use camera and mic and upload document and screen share. But can

#2 2009-02-03 06:10:43

**_kbconn_**

Re: Create custom users

hi,

a fourth user type does not exist but through the participant list participants can be allowed to talk or share their screen.
another option ist to use enhanced rights. thereby participant can get moderator rights for certain pod, e.g. share pod, camera pod.

Kathrin

#3 2009-02-03 06:36:56

**_ran_**

This I know but I was thinkin if you can program this in some way. I have contacted Adobe, but as we have our own server they dont want to help us. (We have aplatinum support deal)

thx anyway

#4 2009-02-03 11:54:38

**_dyun_**

Hi Ran,

I'm sorry that it feels as though Adobe does not want to help you, but adding custom roles inside meetings is just not possible for either hosted or on premise customers as meetings are just not built today to handle custom roles with or without custom development.  I would recommend adding this to the Connect Pro Suggestion Box to make sure that the team notes this as a feature request for a future release or submit to the Feature Request form: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/ind … e=wishform

David

Board footer