Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-10 01:45:25

**_afaillace_**

Adobe Connect WebServices Capabilities

hi, We are designing a website that will interact with Adobe Connect via web services. We have the following questions that someone with experience can help.....feel to answer within lines to whatever questions you are knowledgable...best, Antonio

1. Can I via web service indicate to the Adobe Connect Professional that I will be delivering a virtual event at a certain date within a certain timeframe?.

2. Can I secure this event with a moderator password to enter the live virtual event and execute the presentation. Basically what we want to assure is that an event moderator has to go through our web platform to generate a live virtual event and he cannot bypass our web platform.

3. Can I tell Adobe Connect Professional that some attendants will be a co-moderator of the virtual event? (a co-moderator is some person who can answer attendant's questions, share his desktop or share a presentation besides the main moderator of the virtual event)

4. What information does the adobe connect professional send via web services confirming that an event has been programmed?

5. Can I ask via web services a list of all live events that are programmed for an specific date or for a timeframe?

6. Via web services can I get a list of the planned attendants to a future event?

7. Via web services can I obtain a list of the attendants to a past event?

8. Via web services can I get a list of the privileges that each attendant to the event had after the event was executed (for example: if he share his desktop, if he answered an attendant question of if he only had privileges to watch the event or ask questions to the moderators)

9.Via web services can I get information about at which time an event ended?

10. Via web services can I indicate that an event must be recorded?
OK

11. How can I access a recorded event? (ftp server? http link?)

12. Can I delete the recording of an event via web services?

13. Via web services can I register one by one my attendants to an event generating a unique password for each attendant?

14. Via web services what information does Adobe Connect send to confirm an attendant to an event has been registered?

15. What information does Adobe Connect sent to confirm a registration of an attendant made via web services?

#2 2008-06-23 12:45:00

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Adobe Connect WebServices Capabilities

You should look at the webservices API document. You can do most of what you have asked about, but it requires you to write the code for your own application that works with the API. I have created software that does much of this.

However, event management from webservices is is VERY limited.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AcrobatConn … rvices.pdf

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2008-06-23 12:45:29)

#3 2009-01-05 23:36:08

**_samulchrist_**

Your own application that works with the API, However, event management from webservices is  very  limited. you can get listed to a future event attendance with the help of Adobe Connect Professional in which an webservices indicates it .
http://www.torontowebservices.com/

#4 2009-02-02 00:22:00

**_eomedia_**

1. Can I via web service indicate to the Adobe Connect Professional that I will be delivering a virtual event at a certain date within a certain timeframe?.

You can create a meeting through the API; 

e.g.
https://example.com/api/xml?action=sco-update
&type=meeting&name=October All Hands Meeting
&folder-id=2006258750&date-begin=2006-10-01T09:00
&date-end=2006-10-01T17:00&url-path=october

2. Can I secure this event with a moderator password to enter the live virtual event and execute the presentation. Basically what we want to assure is that an event moderator has to go through our web platform to generate a live virtual event and he cannot bypass our web platform.

You could do this by creating a user account (via the API) and assign them to the meeting you've created and provide them with host permissions for that meeting.  In this manner they never have permissions greater than those associated with the meeting that you authorize for them.

3. Can I tell Adobe Connect Professional that some attendants will be a co-moderator of the virtual event? (a co-moderator is some person who can answer attendant's questions, share his desktop or share a presentation besides the main moderator of the virtual event)

Yes, the API allows you to set permissions for any user or guest (view, mini-host, host).  in this case you would give them the mini-host persmission.

4. What information does the adobe connect professional send via web services confirming that an event has been programmed?

All API requests return a xml response that you will need to parse to ensure it was correctly submitted.

5. Can I ask via web services a list of all live events that are programmed for an specific date or for a timeframe?

Yes.  The base URL is provided below but you can filter with date-begin, date-end, expired (true/false), etc. in your request.

https://example.com/api/xml?action=report-my-meetings

You can also usse the report-active-meetings request to get meetings that are currently in progress.

6. Via web services can I get a list of the planned attendants to a future event?

I don't recall off the top of my head if you can do this.  I do know that in the reports area you can find people who attended, but I'm not sure if that will include people who were registered but did not attend.

7. Via web services can I obtain a list of the attendants to a past event?

If you can get attendants vs registered but did not attend (as noted above) then you can get this for any event past or present.

8. Via web services can I get a list of the privileges that each attendant to the event had after the event was executed (for example: if he share his desktop, if he answered an attendant question of if he only had privileges to watch the event or ask questions to the moderators)

Again I'm not sure of the this level of detail off the top of my head, however there are several actions (permissions-info,  principal-info, etc.) that you can all to retrieve specific info about your attendants but you're going to have to work at it to get all of this detail.

9.Via web services can I get information about at which time an event ended?

Yes, check out report-meeting-summary action.

10. Via web services can I indicate that an event must be recorded?

No idea, never had the need.

11. How can I access a recorded event? (ftp server? http link?)

http link is easiest.

12. Can I delete the recording of an event via web services?

You can use sco-delete to delete pretty much any object.

13. Via web services can I register one by one my attendants to an event generating a unique password for each attendant?

Yes.  We do this in our own platform all the time.

14. Via web services what information does Adobe Connect send to confirm an attendant to an event has been registered?

Again, you need to parse the xml response to ensure it was taken correctly.

15. What information does Adobe Connect sent to confirm a registration of an attendant made via web services?

Parse xml response.

The API is very flexible but there are limitations on what you can, and most definitely on what you should do with it.

I would strongly suggest taking a look at the API documentation which is quite good and going from there, but if you have any additional questions please let me know and I'll answer what I can.

Ryan
www.conferenceEdge.com

Board footer