Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-22 20:20:17

**_Alan_**

PDF Not there

Hi All,

When I save a file as a pdf and upload it as new content it does not appear on the list of available content items to share. Other files are there but not the pdf. I am using Vista and Office 2007 and saving a Power Point file as PDF. Hmmmmmmm. Any thoughts?

And to all....thanks for all the prior help!

Alan

#2 2009-01-22 22:19:07

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: PDF Not there

Hi Alan,

You can upload a PDF to your Content Library or to a File Share pod but you cannot share native PDF files at this time. You would think that a product called Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro would be compatible with Adobe Acrobat files but you'd be wrong.

Perhaps David could provide some information regarding if and when this capability will be available in Connect Pro. It's a much needed upgrade.

I'm not quite sure why you converted your PowerPoint file to PDF though. You can share the PPT or PPTX files directly and these will be dynamically converted to Flash but the same is not yet true for PDFs. This saves you a step and retains the interactivity of the animations and the slides.

If you were running XP, you could optionally convert your print output to FlashPaper but this is not supported under Vista.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but at least now you know why the PDF diddn't show up.

Terry

#3 2009-01-30 08:22:02

**_20108_**

Re: PDF Not there

You can use the Flash Paper to convert PDF to Flash and the upload it to your meeting room or use www.print2flash.com as a free webservice.

Board footer