Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-29 11:52:22

**_troutlark_**

Chat Pod Insertion Cursor Moves to another Chat Pod

[This is a new behavior in v7. We've used v6.x for years and never had this happen.]

We use up to 20 session rooms a month, created using the same template - a template we used in v6.x.

We have a Chat Pod in the attendee view area; and what we call the Presenter Chat Pod in the Presenter Only Area. When I enter text in the Chat Pod text entry area, and press the Enter key on the keyboard, the text I typed is placed above, in the listing of chat entries. BUT, the insertion point then automatically moves into the text entry field in the PRESENTER CHAT Pod.

This is extremely annoying and makes it difficult to make multiple Chat entries quickly.

As I stated above, this is a new behavior in v7. Anyone else have this experience? Any workarounds (except mouse-clicking on the Send Message button that's on the right side of the text entry area, I know that and it slows me down too much.)

Thanks all!

- Bill (troutlark)

As David suggested, ours is a custom template. I'll ask our setup people to try Jorma's suggestion as well. Thanks to both of you.

Last edited by **_troutlark_** (2009-01-29 15:37:12)

#2 2009-01-29 12:25:49

**_dyun_**

Re: Chat Pod Insertion Cursor Moves to another Chat Pod

Hi Bill,

I just tested this and I cannot reproduce for the life of me.  Were you using one of the out of the box templates?  A custom template you created? 

My advice would be to open a support case on this if you haven't already.  Clearly this isn't how the software is designed to work so you shouldn't have to workaround the issue.

Best,
David

#3 2009-01-29 13:20:58

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Chat Pod Insertion Cursor Moves to another Chat Pod

Just for a simple solution, maybe, try hiding or removing the Presenter Chat pod and create a new chat pod and rename it Presenter Chat (or Presenter Chat 2 to keep it identifiable) and see if the problem is solved. That may fix the problem, and save you a call to Adobe Support.

Board footer