Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-25 14:47:06

**_bergy_**

A few questions from a potential developer (connect newbie)

Hello, I think I may have stumbled upon exactly what we're looking for in collaboration software - I just wanna make sure I know exactly what it can do before I go and pitch the purchase to our company. 

1.  From what I could tell on the forums it seems you can create modules for the Connect UI.  Does the SDK enable us to include screen sharing functionality/connectivity inside of our own SWFs?  For instance, if I had an AIR product that we distribute could I build in a "Remote Support" type of option that would talk with our Connect Pro server an allow us to connect using our app?

2.  I saw that someone said all modules must be written in AS2 - will there be AS3/Flex support soon? 

3.  I have been demoing ConnectNow on Acrobat.com - I read somewhere that this beta is going to be the next version of Connect Pro as well - is this true?  Will it be a free upgrade or should we wait to buy until the next version comes out (if so ETA?).  Secondly, from question 2 will this new version support AS3.

Last edited by **_bergy_** (2009-01-25 14:47:29)

#2 2009-01-27 17:24:41

**_gprivat_**

Re: A few questions from a potential developer (connect newbie)

1.  The SDK enables you to create a Flash application that can be loaded in a Connect Pro share pod and synchronized across the participants.  The use case you detail is something we are thinking about along side Cocomo.  That said, you can quickly load people in a Connect Pro meeting today if you want to build a remote support application.  Check our tutorial section on how to do that.

2. Yes Connect Pro has historically been built on AS2.  The transition to AS3 has started first with ConnectNow - Connect Pro will follow.

3. ConnectNow and Connect Pro are different products.  ConnectNow is targeted at individuals who want to have a quick and easy way to share their screen and collaborate on document.  ConnectPro is targeted at departments and large organizations who need a web conferencing platform for general collaboration, training/e-learning or marketing, sales & and large seminar use cases.  ConnectNow is pioneering the use of the Cocomo framework to build a web collaboration solution.  Connect Pro will follow the same path in the future.  (sorry I can not disclose any specific product roadmap on this forum).

Board footer