Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2021-01-25 12:45:24

Pratibha

Apple M1 computers

Will adobe connect work on apple M1 chip computers either with or without Rosetta 2?
If not, can a participant use an M1 computer to join a meeting?

#2 2021-01-25 14:35:19

alistairlee

Re: Apple M1 computers

Yes, I've joined an Adobe Connect meeting using an M1 MacBook Air and did't have any issues. I tested my video and audio, and it all worked well.

I'm fairly certain this requires Rosetta 2 (which is on all M1 machines) since the application itself wasn't specifically compiled for the M1 chip.

#3 2021-10-11 10:43:48

Battenberg

I've been using an M1 Mac Mini for meetings and it all seems to work well, except that in some meetings I seem to get problems with the audio (i.e. my microphone) cutting out intermittently, which I didn't used to get with Windows.  That could be a coincidence - I'm trying to troubleshoot that to pin down when it happens.

Everything else is OK, though, and the whiteboard seems to be more responsive to my Wacom tablet than it was with my old Windows machine.

Last edited by Battenberg (2021-10-12 03:21:03)

#4 2021-10-14 10:00:23

Battenberg

Battenberg wrote:

I've been using an M1 Mac Mini for meetings and it all seems to work well, except that in some meetings I seem to get problems with the audio (i.e. my microphone) cutting out intermittently, which I didn't used to get with Windows.  That could be a coincidence - I'm trying to troubleshoot that to pin down when it happens.

Aha - it turns out that there's a known issue with MacOS and USB headsets.  It sounds like Apple and the headset manufacturers are blaming each other, but they work in Windows and are driverless, so it looks like Apple needs to fix it.

Board footer