Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-12-08 14:01:47

Matt Sederquist

Adobe Connect loses Control of PGI Line while using Universal Voice

Hello,

We have been having this problem off and on for about four months (so it predates AC 11.0 for our account). Periodically, we will be teaching a virtual class and will all of sudden lose control of the PGI audio while running Universal Voice. It does not show the active speaker, I cannot mute or unmute anybody using the attendee pod, and I cannot start or stop breakout groups (it stops on the Adobe side but does nothing with the PGI sub conferences). I have filed help desk tickets with both Adobe (who says it's a PGI issue) and PGI (who says it's an Adobe Connect issue). Has anybody else experienced this and found a work-around other than just not running the breakouts? I can't even stop the audio to try and reset it...

Thank you!

#2 2020-12-08 20:31:46

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect loses Control of PGI Line while using Universal Voice

I suppose the best work around is to not us PGi... There are three other integrated audio providers, feel free to reach out and get a 30 day trial from Intrado, Arkadin, or MeetingOne to validate that their audio adapters work for your needs.

Outside of that, I believe PGi has been updating their adapter with Adobe Connect (finally after more years than is worth thinking about). Maybe it's worth validating if your account has the new adapter from PGi. Maybe that could be a solution to this issue as well.

#3 2020-12-09 15:36:44

Matt_S

Re: Adobe Connect loses Control of PGI Line while using Universal Voice

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

I suppose the best work around is to not us PGi... There are three other integrated audio providers, feel free to reach out and get a 30 day trial from Intrado, Arkadin, or MeetingOne to validate that their audio adapters work for your needs.

Outside of that, I believe PGi has been updating their adapter with Adobe Connect (finally after more years than is worth thinking about). Maybe it's worth validating if your account has the new adapter from PGi. Maybe that could be a solution to this issue as well.

Thanks Jorma! I will place a call to PGI to see if they can verify which adapter we have. I appreciate the reply!

Board footer