Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-20 17:02:35

**_sarah_**

Can not delete a Layout

Hi, a colleague of mine could not delete a layout in his meeting room, where he is a host. The layout had an asterisk before it in the 'organize layouts' panel, which I have never seen before.

When I logged into his room with my user I was able to delete the layer and I did not see the asterisk. Very strange. Could it be permissions on the Connect server?

Thank you,

Sarah

#2 2009-01-20 18:27:44

**_dyun_**

Re: Can not delete a Layout

Hi Sarah,

The likely reason the user was encounter this was that they were in Preparing Mode and navigated away from the layout the rest of the meeting was on.

Preparing Mode allows a user manage other parts of an active meeting (upload files, move pods, etc.) without affecting up the rest of the meeting attendees

You turn on preparing mode by clicking on the button which is highlighted in Green below. 

preparing.jpg

If you look at the layout bar, the green light next to "Discussion" indicates that all other meeting attendees are on that layout.  The yellow light next to "Collaboration" indicates that is the layout that you are preparing.  Another indicator of this is the fact that the Chat pod and the Today's Agenda pod are grayed out.  This is because those pods are being used on the Discussion layout so you are not able to manage those while in Preparing Mode.

Now looking at the Layouts menu, you see that there is an asterisk next to the "Discussion" layout to indicate that is the layout that all other attendees are on.  You are unable to delete that layout while preparing, because you would be deleting a layout while everyone else is on it.

To delete the Discussion layout, I would simply get out of Preparing Mode, by clicking on the button highlighted in Green and then I would be able to delete it via "Organize Layouts..."

Does that make sense?  If not let me know and I can try to explain again.

Best,
David

#3 2009-01-20 19:07:49

**_sarah_**

Re: Can not delete a Layout

David,

Thank you so much for your response, I am sure you are correct in assuming that my colleague was in preparing mode and I must not have noticed.

This is the first time that I have used this forum and I am very pleased and will continue to check it.

Thanks again!

Sarah

Board footer