Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-12 14:15:06

**_TheInfamousGdub_**

Uploading Multiple Files

I work for an independent study program so we're uploading all of the course content (workbooks etc.) and I would really like to know if there's a way to upload multiple files rather than one at a time in the back-end.

I'd appreciate any help here.

Thanks!

#2 2009-01-13 12:19:40

**_peterryce_**

Re: Uploading Multiple Files

The only way I can think of loading multiple files would be to use the Connect XML API to write a web application that would do this. The Connect API does allow you to do almost everything that the Connect Pro Central web interface does - so you could automate uploading content, naming it, changing permissions, etc. The documentation for the Connect XML API can be found in the Documentation area of the support pages for Connect.

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat … onnectpro/

Enjoy,

Peter.reteP

#3 2009-01-13 13:17:11

**_TheInfamousGdub_**

Thanks peterryce!

I'm not sure how practical that would be for me, but I will look into it. What about uploading them via a .zip file? Seems to be hit or miss. I haven't figured out what makes an acceptable .zip archive. Would that work?

#4 2009-01-13 16:05:17

**_Carri.Saari_**

.zip files and upload that way.

#5 2009-01-14 11:57:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Uploading the .zip will only allow you to access the zip as a whole through something like the file share tool. It won't work as a mass upload to the content library with URLs to each item in the .zip file. The intention of the .zip into the content library is so that you can upload the entire Presenter, Captivate, or similar product's output into connect.

Board footer