Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-13 02:14:39

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Recordings as Meeting Content - what happened?

Perhaps it's a sign of dementia but I'm pretty sure that in Connect Pro 6 I could make a recording of a meeting, move it to a folder in the Content Library and then include the recording as a Share pod in a live meeting.

Was this just a dream? Did I imagine it? Or did this functionality vanish in Connect 7?

Right now, the only way it appears you can include a recording as content in a live meeting is to save the recording offline as an FLV file on your computer and then upload the FLV into a new Share Pod. Very time consuming and the conversion to FLV results in a loss of quality in the resulting output.

Recordings don't even show up as being available content when you browse the folders of the library to create a Share Pod.

Does anyone have a solution/workaround? Does anyone have a better memory than I do? Please tell me I'm not crazy! OK, so I'm crazy ...

Terry

#2 2009-01-13 11:54:05

**_peterryce_**

Re: Recordings as Meeting Content - what happened?

Sorry Terry - all that snow in Toronto this winter must have affected your memory (this coming from someone who grew up in Oakville <grin>) - Connect has never had the ability to load a recording into a Share pod. The best you could do was to move the recording to the Content area and then use it in Courses or Events - but not meetings. The workflow you describe is the best one. And part of the quality of your FLV is resoution - something you can control. When you "make offline" the system will render your FLV at whatever your monitor resolution is set to. You can use this to make higher, or lower, resolution versions of your recordings.

I hope this helps,

Peter.reteP

#3 2009-01-14 00:13:50

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: Recordings as Meeting Content - what happened?

Thanks Peter,

I must have been suffering Brain Freeze in this cold snap!

I was already aware of the resolution changing the quality of the output FLV and always let my clients know about it. This is not a well known fact.

It would be a good idea if information about this came up in the screen that appears before the filename is selected when making offline recordings as many users are unaware that they can impact the quality in this way (positively or negatively).

Some users don't always have the luxury of a hi-res monitor (especially if saving the recording from a laptop) and the resulting output is not always the best, especially if they need to transcode to another video format.

Board footer