Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-07-18 11:30:29

cuc1500393030

mediation

Has anyone addressed using Adobe Connect to conduct online mediations?

I need to know whether I can move the position of the web cameras so the participants are not next to each other.  I also need to know if I have breakout rooms (i.e. caucusing for ADR professionals), I am the only one as the host that can visit the breakout conversations. I cannot provide access to participants to jump into another breakout room, if there is a need to have a private one-on-one conversation.

I currently use zoom but wanted to know if Adobe Connect can provide a user friendly mediation platform online.

Thank you
Angela Fox

#2 2017-07-18 13:56:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: mediation

Angela,

Since there cannot be multiple instances of the Video pod, the ability to not have the videos for the webcams next to each other is pretty limited. You can either have the Grid view where all videos get equal space within the video pod (often called the Brady Bunch view) or the Filmstrip view where one video gets more real estate in the Video pod and the rest are smaller videos below it.

in_filmstrip_sample.png

Having video displayed in any other way would require a custom built solution. You may want to reach out to eSyncTraining or RefinedData as they have alternative video solutions for Connect. If you feel ambitious there is an SDK for Connect and you could look to build your own solution. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobeconnect.html

As to the breakout rooms, only attendees with Host rights can jump between the breakout rooms. So, if you are the only Host in the room then only you can jump between the breakouts. All other attendees are promoted to Presenters when you start the breakout rooms so they can interact with whatever pods have been provided in the breakout, but they cannot change the breakout room or move between the other breakouts.

Jorma

Board footer