Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-29 17:56:36

**_KerryMcD_**

Folders for seminars?

I am an administrator for our Adobe Connect Pro account.  I would like to create different folders for our seminars, but I am unable to see how to do that.  I do not have any "New Folder" link that exists under the Event Management tab.  We are currently not using the Event Management module.  How do I create folders? Do I not have the proper permissions? 

Thanks,
Kerry

#2 2008-12-29 19:49:14

**_michael_**

Re: Folders for seminars?

There are two types of "items" in Connect that you are referencing:

Seminars:  You should confirm you have seminar room licensing (you'll see a Seminar tab, and then sub-folders corresponding to the actual licensing you've bought).  Make sure you are in the Seminar Administrator group, and then you should have no problem creating folders to place specific seminar rooms in.  Note:  the seminar rooms you create here will follow the same licensing of the parent seminar folder.

Events:  Sounds like you don't have this licensed, in which case, you shouldn't be seeing an Event Management tab at all.  But, same as above:  add yourself to Event Admin group, and then you should be able to create folders under the Event tab (once you are properly licensed for it).

Hope that helps.

#3 2008-12-30 12:20:13

**_KerryMcD_**

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply!  We do have seminar room licensing - we have 1 room with 200 seats.  We also have the Events Module, but currently we're doing all that the events module does with our own interface and the API, so we may get rid of the Events Module.

How do I tell if I am in the Seminar Administration group?  Currently I am listed in the Administrators System Group, as well as the Seminar Hosts System Group.  I can see the "new folder" button everywhere else - meetings, content, events... just not under Seminars. Not only can I not see the "New Folder" button, but I don't any of the buttons - no move, delete, notta.   All I get is the Shared Seminars folder - where our seminars are created with the API, and the license folder.

Side question - Do the seminars have to be listed under the License folder in order to work, or will they be OK in the Shared Seminars folder (and subfolders under that - once I get it working)?

Thanks!

#4 2009-01-05 23:58:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The Seminar Host Group is the Seminar Administration group. The term "Host" in the groups is confusing and is often substituted by those of us who use the product on a daily basis because it clarifies what that group is intended to be.

All the instances of your seminar room need to be in the license folder. Thus, no option to create sub folders.

Every Seminar is in the Shared Seminars folder, technically. The license folder is the sub folder in the Shared Seminars folder.

#5 2009-01-06 11:05:27

**_KerryMcD_**

So all of our seminars need to be in the license folder?  What happens if they are just in the Shared folder and not the license folder?   And how exactly do I move them into the License folder?  There is a checkbox next to the seminars, but no "move" button.

#6 2009-01-06 16:58:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

There is not a way to create the instance of your seminar room in the Shared Seminars folder. You can only create seminar room instances in your license folder.

#7 2009-01-06 17:00:36

**_KerryMcD_**

Well, all I can tell you is that we are using the API to create seminars and they are all being created in the Shared Seminars folder, and NOT in the license folder.....

Do I need to be worried about this??

#8 2009-01-06 17:20:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If they work, then I wouldn't worry about it.

#9 2009-01-06 17:23:56

**_KerryMcD_**

I don't know if they work yet.  I have our first official web conference on Adobe Connect on Thursday.  I guess I'll find out then.   =\

Board footer