Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-29 09:49:20

**_KerriH_**

Presenter disabled

Presenter7/PowerPoint 2007 crashed and the next time I opened it Presenter was gone from the menu.  I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling PPT and Presenter.  It still won't show in the menu.  I went to the PPT Options/Add-ins and it shows Presenter as disabled.  I used the manage COM Add-ins/GO.  I check the box for Presenter and click OK - stiill nothing.  I go into that area again and it is unchecked again. Any suggestons?  thanks.

#2 2008-10-29 14:53:41

**_gajett_**

Re: Presenter disabled

I have observed this in Vista, the solution was to run PPT as an administrator.  go to the options screen, then the add-ins screen, then choose to manage com add-ins.
to run as admin, navigate to the ppt.exe file (mine's in: program files | microsoft office | office 12) - powerpnt.exe, right click and choose to run as administrator.  this should allow you to re-enable the plug in.  you will need to then re-start ppt to see Presenter again.

Greg

#3 2008-11-10 21:12:58

**_Shelley_**

Hi, Greg.  I had exactly the same problem as Kerri today, and I was excited to see your response here.  Trouble is, I can't get it to work even after following your instructions.

I noticed that when I've got the COM Add-Ins window open (yes, as an Admin) and I've highlighted Adobe Presenter in the list, the "Load Behavior" property at the bottom of the window says "Unloaded."  On all the other add-ins in the list, that property is "Load at Startup."  What's that about, I wonder?

Any further advice would be great.  Thanks!

#4 2008-11-14 10:39:29

**_roysdenc_**

I have seen this issue before a couple of times, and each time we had to re-enable the plug in.  Adobe could not explain why this happened, especially since we had it installed on other computers that were working correctly.  For my situation, both computers that had the problem were Dell D420 laptops.  Though I do not know if this is a link, it was interesting that the computers were the same.  In both cases, the users started having other problems, and ended up getting their computers re-imaged, and with the new image, everything worked fine.  Not the prefered solution, but it worked.

-Chris

#5 2008-11-18 18:45:04

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Every time that I came across this problem, it was due to the "bug" issues of Presenter 7.0.0. When the audio issues reared their ugly head they caused a "serious error" with the add-in and PPT asked if you want to disable the add-in. In most user's haste, they failed to read this dialogue box and clicked the "Yes" box and thus the add-in was disabled. Re-activate the add-in and then read the dialogue box if it comes again and you should be able to avoid this problem in the future.

Also, get the Presenter 7.0.2 (or 7.0.1) patch and that should solve the problem.

#6 2008-12-03 10:25:11

**_dwyerjp_**

I've continued to have this issue with the 7.0.1 patch. So far, so good, with the 7.0.2 patch though.

#7 2008-12-13 14:33:56

**_Shelley_**

Actually, I **was** able to get Greg's solution to work last month, but for some reason I couldn't log back into this forum to share what I learned.

Greg said, "go to the options screen, then the add-ins screen, then choose to manage com add-ins."

What you really need to do on that Add-ins screen is look for the drop-down list at the bottom that's labeled Manage, choose Disabled Items, then click Go.  Another dialog window will open where you can pick Presenter and set it to Enable.

I don't think you have to go through all the steps that Rahul just listed.  But hey, that might work, too.

#8 2008-12-15 00:35:20

**_ac_**

The following Adobe kb article also summarizes the steps.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=kb403553
It is consistent with what Shelley has mentioned in the previous comment.

#9 2008-12-18 02:25:45

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

First time I saw this was a Presenter training class I was doing..Man, that was a real bummer.

Board footer