Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-10 15:36:06

**_ppearson_**

Audio issue CP7.0 Meeting rooms

My hosts are having a weird issue:  As they are presenting, whenever they admit a new participant to the room, their audio (mic) cuts off. They have to click the "talk" button to initiate their audio again. This is really annoying, but I do not see a "fix" -- has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

(Note: the participants are joining the meeting room as 'guests' not as Connect users. The host must 'accept' them.)

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
Penny

#2 2008-10-10 19:33:05

**_santhony_**

Re: Audio issue CP7.0 Meeting rooms

I would enable the Connect add-in debug to see if there is anything that gets dropped in the log file that might be of assistance to you to help troubleshoot.

I''ve included the link below on how to enable the logging capabilities inside of Connect with the add-in installed.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=fd606fac

#3 2008-10-14 15:27:08

**_roysdenc_**

I have had presentations where everyone enters as a guest anad has to be approved, but did not have any problem with the mic.  If it is possible to have the participants register, that may be a solution.  The other thing to try is to have the room setup so that anyone with the url can get in.

Just a thought
-Chris

#4 2008-10-14 17:37:41

**_ppearson_**

Thank you both. I am trying the de-bugging option, but that will be cumbersome for all my meeting hosts (they are far-flung geographically). However, the second suggestion is easily 'doable' and may provide a difference. If I get any reliable results I'll post them here.

#5 2008-10-23 23:02:43

**_santhony_**

It's certainly a strange issue, but maybe isolate one Presenter that you know has the issue all the time and can reproduce the issue instead of going across the board with all your presenters.

Check the version of flash that is being used. If not the latest, try upgrading. If that doesnt work you could always uninstall the flash versions and then run the uninstaller tool for flash on the Adobe support site and reinstall.

What kind of microphones are they using? RCA jack or USB? Maybe there is a driver update for the USB mic or possibly a update for a soundcard that might fix the problem. If they are using a specific driver, maybe trying the windows default driver instead may help.

Definately let us know if you do get it resolved, and good luck!

#6 2008-12-09 01:47:22

**_santhony_**

Any update?

#7 2008-12-09 13:31:34

**_ppearson_**

Hello all - well, I cannot put my finger on anything specific. However I think the MAIN resolution was two-fold: My presenter got a new mic (USB) AND reinstalled flash... she will not host another session for a few months so if the problem persists, I'll be back! [This issue is NOT consistent with my other presenters, so I'm leaning toward equipment/drivers/software....] Thank you! I *really* appreciate the expertise and support at this site!

#8 2008-12-13 08:36:52

**_mhilton_**

I had the same issue and after many hours of digging and talkingn to Adobe, I finally discovered that if you are sending audio by pushing the LOCK button at the bottom of the screen, and at the same time attempting to record a presentation, you must NOT CHECK the box titled "Record Audio From Speaker Phone".   Checking this box is fine if you are only recording audio via speaker phone, but if you are wanting to send VoIP and Record, you must not check this box.

Adobe admits that this is a bug with the current system.

#9 2008-12-15 10:21:47

**_roysdenc_**

Where is the "Record Audio from Speaker Phone" check box?  We use only VoIP, and haven't run into this issue, but in case I do, I want to make sure I know how to fix it.

Thanks
Chris

#10 2008-12-15 11:59:23

**_ppearson_**

Mhilton: Thank you for that information - We are strickly using VoIP at this time, but I have had inquiries for using that feature ('record from speaker phone') and this will help avoid issues! Appreciate your tenacity to finding the answer!

#11 2008-12-15 15:34:48

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

roysdenc wrote:

Where is the "Record Audio from Speaker Phone" check box?  We use only VoIP, and haven't run into this issue, but in case I do, I want to make sure I know how to fix it.

Thanks
Chris

This check box is present in the dialogue box for "Record Meeting". However this box does not appear if you have a Premiere or MeetingOne phone bridge integrated in your meeting room. This check box tells the server to make your mic "hot" and to record all the audio that it picks up but not to resend it back to the other participants in the meeting room. That is why clicking the lock button will mess with this setting, because you are then telling the server to re-broadcast your audio to everyone in the room.

Board footer