Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-03 13:11:06

**_Mr_Jalvo_Of_PA_**

Hyperlink (mailto:) won't click after conversion to Presenter 7

For our organization I usually do the final check and publish our presentations. I've upgraded to Presenter 7 to test it before the other designers take the plunge. I have applied the patch to version 7.0.1 which helped with some problems, but not all.

We have a text box on each slide with a hyperlink to our eLearning hotline inbox and our phone number. The hyperlink is properly formatted, and works after publication ''IF'' someone still using Presenter 6 publishes it. However, if I publish with P7, the link will not click. It appears to be a link because if you mouse over the link the mouse pointer changes to a hand, but clicking does nothing. Going into the link properties offers ''OPEN LINK'' as an option and testing that does open a new email.

Has anyone else experienced this? And more importantly, has anyone been able to correct it?

#2 2008-10-06 14:29:26

**_pafell_**

Re: Hyperlink (mailto:) won't click after conversion to Presenter 7

We are experiencing the same issue here.  We are a "license model" customer and have Adobe Connect installed on our own server.

Nothing I've tried has made the links work.

In some ways I'm relieved that we're not the only ones experiencing this but am puzzled how something seemingly simple that worked fine in Presenter 6 got broken in the new version.

Did you report this to Adobe Technical Support as a bug?  (I haven't yet but intend to.)

-Paul

#3 2008-10-06 15:39:34

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Are you using PPT 07? If so, try re-saving the presentation as an 03 PPT and republishing. There are some know issues with the PPTX file type.

#4 2008-10-08 13:34:54

**_pafell_**

We're still using PowerPoint 2003 and links don't work in Presenter 7 so I don't think it's PowerPoint, I think it's Presenter that is causing the problem.   (But thanks for the heads up on issues with PPTX files!)  Hopefully they'll have those ironed out before we upgrade to Office 2007 sometime next year.

#5 2008-10-09 06:44:05

**_lego_**

I am using PPT07 and Presenter7 and mailto hyperlinks work in my project.

Howerver they do not work for PPT03 and Presenter7.

#6 2008-10-14 11:24:09

**_Ella_Earls_**

For URL, try removing the hyperlink then re-insert the link & URL address. Remember, it's not live until you run the presentation so test in Slideshow, View Show.
I am running PPT03 with Version 7 without the patch.

#7 2008-10-21 14:25:21

**_roysdenc_**

I have also heard and seen a variety of actions based on using PPT 2003 with Presenter 7, PPT 2007 with Presenter 7, PPT 2003 with Presenter 6, PPT 2007 with Presenter 6, and there isn't a common thread that I have seen as to what will or wont work.  One thing that we always try is to take Presenter out of the picture if possible.  We often use only Connect for making recordings, never putting anything through Presenter.  When you publish straight into a Connect meeting from your computer rather than Presenter you will also see a variety of behaviors and differences in what will and wont work.

All that being said, try publishing your presentation into Connect from your computer rather than through Presenter and the Content Library and see if your hyper links work. 

Chris

#8 2008-10-22 00:41:32

**_dyun_**

I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved for Connect Pro 7 SP1.  Stay tuned for SP1 release in November.

Details on SP1:
http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/sp1announce

#9 2008-11-11 17:27:02

**_jdg_**

Try the 7.0.2 patch. That fixed it for me. However, my hyperlink is to launch an email and now I get 2 windows: one for the email and one web page that's broke. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the 2nd page?

link to 7.0.2 patch:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … &sliceId=1

#10 2008-12-10 15:12:08

**_ac_**

Which browser and mail client do you use? Does changing the browser help?

Board footer