Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-09-23 09:07:56

pierre.ruijter@leijgraaf.nl

Fixed participants for meeting room access

Students of the class may access the class meeting room, but must each be identifiable. How to make a meeting room group with participant level access only, with each student having to login with fixed credentials.
(sounds simple but I tried many help docs info to get this done before asking here !)

Regards
Pierre

#2 2016-09-23 10:49:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Fixed participants for meeting room access

Pierre,

Well, I dug through the online help and was shocked on how hard it is to find this information. This information can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/u … nformation

In the Edit Information page for the meeting you can modify the access to one of three settings. In the meeting you can restrict acces further, but I suspect the option of Only registered users may enter the room (guest acces is blocked) will be the setting that you are looking for.

Here is the text from the help doc:

Access There are three options:

Only registered users may enter the room (guest access is blocked) This option allows registered users and participants to enter the room with their user name and password. Guest access is denied.

Only registered users and accepted guests may enter the room With this option, the meeting room is accessible only to people invited as registered users and guests.

Registered users must enter their user name and password to enter the meeting room. Accepted guests are accepted into the room by the host. Adobe Connect can generate an individual attendance report for each registered user in the meeting. Accepted guests are added to the total number of meeting attendees on meeting reports, but no individual attendance report is available.

Note: For some Adobe Connect accounts, a host must be present in a meeting in order for attendees to enter.

Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room Anyone who receives the meeting URL. Click Send E-mail Invitations to create an email invitation in your own email application. The new message contains a pre populated subject (Adobe Connect Invitation) and a pre populated message (containing the meeting date, time, duration, location, and summary) that you can edit.

I hope that explanation helps.

Update I found the help doc here (not Adobe's site, but it's something). This information is on page 31.https://support.apu.edu/hc/en-us/articl … 9_help.pdf

#3 2016-09-25 07:30:28

Pierre R

Thanks so far for your elaborated answer.... Problem seems I do not understand Users and Groups. I created a Usergroup and added new users to it... but the group is automatically assigned "Administrator" next to the usergroup name. But what does this mean. Participants must be just participants. I tried to assign them to the meeting and give them the role of participant as you described. This works. But what else can they do as part of this seemingly "Administrator" group?

#4 2016-09-26 11:18:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

I beleive you are confusing permissions for the meeting and the Participant list for that meeting and system groups.

If you want to work with system groups to organize users (students) and then assign that group permissions for accessing the room, then that will work as well.

For system groups, there are two types of groups:

System groups are the groups that are created by Connect and have specifc permissions in the system. These groups include Administrators, Meeting Hosts, Authors and Training Managers. There are other groups, but these groups have permissions to specific functions with in connect.

Administrator groups are groups that are created by the administrator(s) of the account and are used to simplfy assing permissions and access to objects within Connect when dealing with a large number of accounts. They do not have Administrator rights, but are created by Administrators.

Board footer