Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-09-20 16:55:59

Bruce Tindall

Connecting my microphone causes incoming audio to stop working

When I'm a participant in a meeting, I can hear the other people OK as soon as I enter the meeting. But then, as soon as I connect my microphone, and then mute and/or unmute it a couple of times, I stop being able to hear anybody.

The green "speaker" light at the top of the page remains on; the speaker does not show the "muted" line through it; and when I check the speaker volume from that icon it shows the volume is still non-zero. But I hear nothing, even though I can see (on video) other people talking.

This is new behavior on my new computer, which is an Acer Aspire R series running Windows 10. Everything worked just fine on my old computer (running Windows 7). It doesn't seem to make any difference what combination of headphones/headset/microphone I use.

Both computers used the "Realtek" audio software.

Is there a fix for this, or should I recommend that the people running this meeting switch to a different company's software because Adobe Connect fails to work for all participants?

Last edited by Bruce Tindall (2016-09-20 16:56:40)

#2 2016-09-20 17:05:01

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Connecting my microphone causes incoming audio to stop working

I would recomend you reach out to Adobe Support and review the issue with them. They may have a fix or recommendation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

#3 2016-09-21 08:03:20

Bruce Tindall

Thanks -- I chatted with Adobe Connect tech support; they told me to install the "Add-In," which I did, and it did not fix anything. So I'm still unable to participate in meetings. Any other suggestions?

#4 2016-09-23 09:18:10

Bruce Tindall

Update: After installing the Add-In, and then using Microsoft Edge browser, the audio worked -- for one meeting only. The next day, when I did exactly the same thing, the bug recurred, and connecting my mic again disabled the incoming audio.

#5 2016-09-23 16:27:43

Sergio

Bruce,

Have the meeting host disable enhanced audio in Meeting Preferences.   This setting has caused audio issues for some participants running Windows 10 clients.    Your mileage may vary.

1. Go to the "Meeting" drop-down menu and select Preferences.
2.  From Preferences, navigate down to "Microphone" and click on it.  The middle pane will then show a wide variety of preferences, the first of which is "Use Enhanced Audio".
3.  Un-check "Use Enhanced Audio" and close Preferences.
4. Then try and enter the meeting room and see if the results differ

Sergio

#6 2016-09-24 14:12:42

Bruce Tindall

Thank you, Sergio! My next meeting is on Monday and I will ask the host to try that.

#7 2016-09-24 19:21:54

Bruce Tindall

Sergio -- just to clarify: I'm a participant in the meeting, not the host. Are those instructions for ME to follow, or for HIM to follow before I join the meeting, or for BOTH of us to follow? Thanks.

#8 2016-09-26 11:11:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Bruce,

Those steps are something the meeting host will have to do.

Board footer