Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-09-20 08:57:19

jonat

The recording sound sometime choppy.. and unsync

I am using 9.5.2a. I am a long time user. I know about JRRA and try to use it as much as I can. Having 9.5 might be the best version I have so far. I make hundreds of video each week. But I sometime have problem with the sound in the recording we create.

It usually happen when using the camera pod (not using the highest setting). The bandwidth we have is on optic fiber. The synchronous version is just fine.. no problem. But the recording is choppy. We can hear the host talking and it stop every seconds.. making the video really hard to watch. We can hear him saying "green check if everything is fine" and go on because in the live version people DID used the green check but in the recording.. it's all unsync and it doesn't happen when it really happen.

So!

Download the zip file, use it on JRRA, try every recording option and reupload... SAME.. it's not much better. Some things are a little more in-sync.. but still choppy.

So I try the smartPause=false in the parameter... Still... A little bit better but really hard to watch.

It doesn't happen all the time... maybe 1/1000 recording (still, I do have to appologize and feel like I can't do anything)
I know how to use JRRA and even about the not so documented smartPause option.
This is a On-Premise version, I control everything out of it.

#2 2016-09-21 07:29:30

Peter N.

Re: The recording sound sometime choppy.. and unsync

i might be able to help you, but I don't know if you'll like the solution. I work for a <20.000 student University (11.000 online) and we do A LOT of AC recordings. We have had this particular problem for as long as I can remember. Since you seem familiar with what an AC recording really is (the flvs inside the zip file) we can go directly to the problem. If you would look at the individual cameraVoip_x_xx.flv files in VLC for instance, you would probably find that one or more seem to have a corrupt time code. If your recording was 1 hour, you could for instance see that VLC is giving you 31 hours for an individual cameraVoip flv or even -23 minutes (as in minus). When you playback a recording all these files are stitched together using the timecode in the XML files, so there is a lot of things going on. If one or more of these files are corrupt for some reason, playback will be choppy. Sometimes OK at the beginning, but worse at the end. Sometimes bad from the start. There might be a way to actually find the problematic flv, change stuff in the XML and reupload, but I really don't have the time for that (plus I probably need more developer skills). Instead, if you delete ALL cameraVoip.flv EXCEPT the host that is talking, make a new zip package and re-upload, I am pretty certain that you will be fine. This solution will be OK if the meeting was only one person talking (a lecture of some sort) but not really the best option in a seminar or a traditional meeting.

I'd say it's more that 1/1000, more like 1/100 (for us at least). and JRRA rarely fixes the problem (maybe once). Good Luck and please report back if you are able to track down the problem in more detail.

Last edited by Peter N. (2016-09-21 07:31:24)

#3 2016-09-21 13:05:33

jonat

Re: The recording sound sometime choppy.. and unsync

Thanks Peter. Glad (and not so glad) to see that I am not alone in this situation. It does happen since... always. I was told that the 9.5 version would fix everything that JRRA was fixing. JRRA almost never fix anything. I tried removing every cameraVoip.flv as you mentioned. It was still a bit choppy.. but with the parameter smartPause=false it make it almost perfect. Sadly my teacher interact all the time with the students making the recording quite useless now.

I am still trying to find a cure to this.

Peter N. I would be interested in knowing more about how you use AC in your University. I am in charge of this in mine with > 65000 students. Using AC for more than 3 years. You can email me at: i2j93sfsbj69bfo@jetable.org   (this email will reach my mailbox for 1 week from now, I just don't want to let my e-mail on here for eternity)

Board footer