Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-08-16 18:47:10

itsme

Screensharing Protected Powerpoint

Hi,

When I try to screen share a protected powerpoint file, it just appears as a black box to the attendees of the meeting. They can't see the powerpoint window, or the powerpoint presentation.

Any work arounds?

#2 2016-08-17 10:35:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Screensharing Protected Powerpoint

I think the easiest answer is to un-protect it or, if you can, convert it to another format like PDF.

I assume that you tried uploading it to a share pod and it failed, which lead you to screen sharing?

#3 2016-08-21 16:39:37

itsme2

Sorry, forgot my UN/PW so had to re-create. I posted the original comment.

The file is protected by the creators, which are not me. I do not have the ability to unprotected it.

They are teaching slides for a class, and are meant to be delivered in person as well as through e-learning / virtual classes. The presentation works without issue on Office 2007 and Office 2010. I am using Office 2013, and my students see only a black box.  I do not know if Office 2016 is any different.

Last edited by itsme2 (2016-08-21 16:40:42)

#4 2016-08-22 12:22:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

It sounds like Microsoft has built additional protection into their later releases of Office, which will block screen sharing. You may need to ask the creators to send you an un-protected version for you to use with Adobe Connect. This way you can either upload it to the share pod or screen share it to the students.

Board footer