Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-11 10:32:36

**_bernieperry_**

Presenter and Acrobat 9

I have Acrobat 9 Extended which includes Presenter.

I want to embed PPT video presentations into a PDF document. I've had success using Camtasia but I like the look of Presenter. (I just now starting taking a closer look at it.)

I've created a practice Presenter video from PPT but can't figure out how to imbed it in the PDF.

I guess my first question is can it be done? If yes, then how?

I get to the point where the Acrobat 9 "Insert Video" window comes up. I browse for the Presenter file and find it. But there are several associated swf files, none of which seem to work as a master file for the rest.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 2008-11-11 12:30:06

**_dyun_**

Re: Presenter and Acrobat 9

Hi There,

Thank you for joining our community.  You can embed the Presenter Presentation into a PDF simply by choosing the Adobe PDF option in the publish dialog when you are ready to publish.  So once you have you presentation complete, choose "Publish", then in the Publish dialog choose the PDF option:

PDF.jpg

The result is a PDF with the Presenter presentation embedded in it.

Hope that helps,
David

#3 2008-11-11 13:53:18

**_bernieperry_**

David,

Thanks for the quick reply. If this is evidence of the support available here I'm really glad I found this community.

By your answer I can tell that I didn't articulate my question that well.

I did in fact use the "Publish as PDF" option, but that's the key issue. I have a different PDF document with text to which I want to embed the video.

As I mentioned, with Acrobat 9 doing that for a Camtasia presentation is very intuitive. But it doesn't work the same when I  try to embed the Presenter presentation.

My gut feeeling is that there is something simple I'm just not getting ... senior moment perhaps.

Anyway, due to time pressures for the project I'm working on I'm thinking I better just stay with the Camtasia approach for now.

Thanks again ... Bernie Perry

#4 2008-11-11 14:38:10

**_rjacquez_**

Hi, it looks like you are missing a few additional files that you need to add for the Adobe Presenter project to work in a PDF.  I recorded a quick Captivate recording to illustrate the additional files you need to add to your main Flash file, since it's easier to understand by watching, than by writing.  Here's the link: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/adobepresenterinpdf/

RJ Jacquez
http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez

#5 2008-11-11 14:51:57

**_bernieperry_**

RJ,

Wow! Can't thank you enough. This worked perfectly.

And boy does Presenter look so much better on the page of the PDF document compared to Camtasia.

So again ... thanks David ... thanks RJ. So glad I found this place.

Bernie Perry

Board footer