Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-23 14:20:00

**_carehart_**

some recordings don't play, can't download

Folks, has anyone else experienced this: I have 2 recordings (of several dozen I've made weekly over the past year) which won't play.

In both cases, they show as being an hour long in the Admin, but when I try to play them (or a user does), they open a browser window like normal that shows the connect screens which end with "connecting...", but they never start playing.

And as my server's now upgraded (and hosted at Adobe), I also can't create an offline recording, either. These were created since the upgrade, but I have another recording made since the upgrade which works fine.

Again, the odd thing is that they recordings show up in the admin and show being an hour+, but they just won't play or download.

Anyone else experienced this? or have thoughts? Anywhere else I should turn? (I'm an Adobe Community Expert, and we're provided an account for free, so I have no vendor or even an Adobe rep who is "my support" for Connect.)

#2 2008-07-30 13:37:43

**_roysdenc_**

Re: some recordings don't play, can't download

I have had multiple recordings that have gone bad after Adobe does an update.  Out  of 20 or so that I have come to them with (and even more that I haven't), they have not been able to fix any of them.  They have bugs in their system, but they have not considered recordings worth investing time in, so they do not really work on fixing them.  I have heard that they are realizing that this is a major mistake, so they are looking at forming a group that will start collecting data on recording issues.  However, it seems as though they are only starting to look at possibly helping with issues on recordings, not actual help fix things that are broken.  Sorry I don't have better news, but this is from my experience.

#3 2008-07-30 14:22:11

**_carehart_**

Thanks. Bummer about the lost past. I guess we can only have hope for a brighter future.

#4 2008-08-20 15:33:39

**_chp_**

You can down load by using:
output/foo.zip?download=zip
at the end of your url string
for example:
www.adobe.com/mymeeting/output/foo.zip?download=zip

This will download your meeting recording.

#5 2008-08-20 16:16:20

**_carehart_**

chp, I had said I could not download it. It wasn't about how I tried--it was that it would not do it (nor would it play), though it would launch.

The problem has since corrected itself so I can't test whether trying what you propose would have been different from the other download attempts I'd made. But we can leave this here to perhaps help future readers.

#6 2008-08-26 17:39:40

**_Shelley_**

Boy, am I glad I joined this forum.

Carehart, we've often experienced problems with our recordings.  It's like the player is demon-possessed and erratic -- it won't load at all, or the audio won't start, or the audio disappears in the middle... then (sometimes) it mysteriously works a few hours or days later.  Every time we talk to Adobe tech support about it, they feign complete ignorance.  "There are no problems with recordings."  Very frustrating, to say the least.

I hope roysdenc is right about things getting better in the future!

#7 2008-10-28 14:10:53

**_carlestes_**

we still have V 6 and some recordings play and some do not

Board footer