Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-04-14 10:49:33

Michael Skeldon

Force 'listen only' mode

When we have seminars with a large number of participants we only want the host and presenters to be able to talk, as a result we don't enable microphone rights for participants. This works fine unless a participant dials in, when the microphone rights don't apply, meaning they can talk. We can manually mute each person as they join but this is inconvenient and frustrating.

For reasons I won't go into, asking participants to select the 'listen only' option when joining isn't an option for us. We also need to include the option to dial-in so that participants can listen by phone. 

Is there a way to put a session into 'listen only' mode so that no matter how a participant joins the session they wont be able to talk?

Thanks, Michael.

#2 2016-04-14 12:34:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Force 'listen only' mode

Most phone bridges have a Lecture Mode or Mute All Attendee option. Who is your provider?

#3 2016-04-15 04:33:54

Michael Skeldon

Thanks for the info. Our provider is InterCall.

I've seen a Mute All option but this seems to mute the host and presenter (to be fair, it does exactly what it say it'll do - mutes all). I haven't seen Lecture Mode in the audio options.

#4 2016-04-15 10:31:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Looks like *5 / #5 Mute/unmute – group (all lines except Leader’s) would be what you want. Here is a document with some of their keypad commands: https://lsntap.org/sites/all/files/Res% … 0Guide.pdf

#5 2016-04-18 04:18:58

Michael Skeldon

Thanks for taking time to find the document, unfortunately I'm not sure it's quite what I'm after.  I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my initial post but we [the host and presenters] aren't using the telephone, we're connected via pc and using the microphone. We only have the telephone option for participants who can't use pc speakers. Maybe I need to contact InterCall about Lecture Mode?

Board footer