Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-10 14:19:00

**_macbob_**

Sync Single SWF in Sidebar to Multiple Slides & Upload to Connect Pro

Thank you for reading this. I have a three 18-20 min SWF movies of presenters who are talking to between 19-30 slides each.

I see it's been suggested that there is no easy way to do this, BUT, that one can locate the reference XML file; and then cut and paste the video link; and then adjust each in and out time. Phew!

Has anyone done this with success? Are there any other tricks or pointers? Any software that forwards Time Markers to SWF and presenter?

I then need to post these Presenter files onto a Connect Pro Account. Will the time spent adjusting the XML file be worth it OR should I make up and import up to 90 small SWFs one for each slide? OR Are there any other strategies? Thanks for your ideas!

#2 2008-10-10 19:50:13

**_santhony_**

Re: Sync Single SWF in Sidebar to Multiple Slides & Upload to Connect Pro

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish. You can insert SWF files directly into Presenter without editing any XML reference files for the archive.

==========

From the Adobe Presenter Help File online:
# Make sure that the file you want to insert meets these specifications:

The Flash SWF file has been authored at 30 frames per second. Presenter presentations are created at 30 frames per second, so Flash files with the same setting can be integrated into the presentation smoothly.

The maximum canvas size is set to 720 x 540 pixels.

The file uses relative paths to movie clip references, not _root.

The embedded SWF file does not attempt to make any changes outside its own file; that is, that the code does refer to the following variables: _level#, _global, or stage.

# In PowerPoint, open a presentation (PPT file).
# Navigate to the slide to which you want to add the SWF file.
# From the Adobe Presenter menu, select Insert Flash.
# Navigate to the location of your SWF file. Select the SWF file and click Open. Presenter adds the SWF file to the slide.
# (Optional) If necessary, select the file and drag it to a new location on the slide.

===========

If this isn't what you are looking to accomplish, let us know what you are trying to do and we can help further.

#3 2008-10-25 12:19:37

**_jmazan_**

Re: Sync Single SWF in Sidebar to Multiple Slides & Upload to Connect Pro

I'm going to follow up on this question again.  If you have a single video file, it would be convenient to identify the start and stop points in the video as opposed to what I do now and that is going into my video editor and splitting the clip into various segments and then adding them into the Presenter presentation.

One thought was that if we could modify the viewer.xml file, and that the start and stop information controlled the video then we could continue to have a single video file.  My poking around shows that the start and stop are used to calculate the duration information for the slide in the sidebar but does not directly relate to the control of the video.

Is there a way to accomplish this task?

Thanks
jfm

Board footer