Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-03-22 07:18:39

rachelyo

Forming groups of Adobe participants

In an upcoming Adobe session (version 9.4.1), I need to divide the participants into groups for an activity they will be doing offline. Division has to be according to job and geographic location (can't be random). I expect a maximum of about 60 participants. I thought of using the whiteboard, but I think it will be too chaotic. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 2016-03-29 14:31:59

Matt Rock

Re: Forming groups of Adobe participants

Do you need to divide them within the meeting or prior to joining?  Can you use the breakout rooms?

Matt Rock
InvataCloud.com

#3 2016-04-04 03:49:21

rachelyo

Thanks Matt! We'll be putting them into groups only during the session, not before. So seems like the breakout rooms might be a good option. I'll check it out.

#4 2016-04-04 07:39:00

e-slinger

Hello,

The B/O are a good solution, I will share a tip that I have used for just this situation.

This will take a couple of steps, but if you have another set of hands during your meeting it can work really well, and it makes getting them into the B/O easier later in the session.

Decide who is going where (in your case geographic)
During the delivery portion (and before the B/O activity, have someone do the following)

Go to the user, highlight them and open the Pod Options menu in the Attendees Pod
Choose Attendee Options -> Edit User Info...
Add a Prefix to the name that represents their location, so for Massachusetts (MA - Timmy...)
Click OK
This will shuffle the users around in the Attendee Pod, and like groups will be together based on alpha order
Create your breakout rooms
Select the entire group (Shift + Click to select)
Assign them to the room
Start B/O

With such a large number, you will need some help, so if you choose to go this route, have a producer or someone give you a hand. If you can get some help on it, then you can do this as the session goes on.

Conversely, you could also simply ask your participants to do the work for you "Hey everyone, please go to the menu in the top right corner of the Attendee list, click Edit My Info... and type your site be consistent and use the example (provide a graphic). Then click OK.

The first option is seamless to the end user but tougher for the host
The second option is easier for the host, can be done by the attendees...but it assumes that the users will be consistent in how they name.

Give it a shot, and let us know what you decided and how it worked out!

~ Slinger

Board footer