Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-03-20 22:32:49

aac5252

Performance Issues

I was in two different Adobe Connect meetings today in two different rooms/links and most of us experienced delays and connection issues. In my second meeting, each participant completed the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test and verified they had the latest version of Flash Player, the connection and speed were good, and we all had the Add-in installed. Yet we still experienced freezing webcams and delayed or doubled audio.

My question is… were other similar situations reported recently? Or is there something we could do if the latency and performance issues persist?

I just want to add, all participants/hosts are experienced with Adobe Connect and have used our distinct meeting room multiple times without error. TODAY (03/20/16) it was extremely difficult to conduct our meeting due to these performance issues. Just wondering if we were the only ones. Thanks!

#2 2016-03-21 12:16:38

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Performance Issues

Maintenance was being done on the NA9 cluster yesterday, not sure if that was your cluster. You can check the status of the Connect hosted environment at any time here: http://status.adobe.com/additional_services

You can also call support at 800-945-9120 if you are experiencing issues.

I would address the audio and video issues seperately, as they could have different causes.

In guessing I would suspect that there was a bandwidth issue causing the freezing webcams and larger latency in the audio. This could have been an issues with multiple people joining multiple rooms on a single internet connection (not sure if that is the setup you have or not) or just issues with your internet connection. The issues could be caused others outside of your control, like your neighbors all watching Nexflix or streaming the games that were being played. It could also be that your ISP was having issues at that time. Point being there are a lot of possible pain points that you could have run up against and without a deeper look they are all just shots in the dark.

The doubled audio is more likely from someone having a hot mic with external speakers. This can cause the audio to have and echo or a feed back tone.

#3 2016-04-01 13:06:26

e-slinger

Re: Performance Issues

For the double audio...check the audio settings for the room.

If you are broadcasting audio via computers and phone you can get that looping. To Jorma's point, if the broadcast is on and the speakers are turned up then the pc audio will play and can circle through the phone mic.

Board footer