Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-03-21 14:51:45

Roberto

Convert downloaded offline content into a single file

Hi,

there is an option in Adobe Connect, where you can 'put a recording offline', and download a single .flv video with the entire meeting.

If I download the same meeting using 'http://<meetingaddres.xyz>/output/foo.zip?download=zip, I get a .zip file with different files, including .flv and .xml files.

If I have this .zip file, is there any way to convert it to the single .flv I would have if had opted for 'getting a recording offline'?

The problem is that the original meeting is no longer available in the server, but I have this .zip backup containing these files:
cameraVoip_0_4.flv
cameraVoip_0_4.xml
ftchat0.flv
ftchat0.xml
ftcontent1.flv
ftcontent1.xml
ftstage3.flv
ftstage3.xml
indexstream.flv
indexstream.xml
mainstream.flv
mainstream.xml
screenshare_1_2.flv
screenshare_1_2.xml
telephony-files.xml
transcriptstream.flv
transcriptstream.xml

I would like to convert it to a single .flv file. Is there a way to do this? I have administrative access to the server in case (An Adobe Connect 9.1 server).

Thank you,

Roberto

#2 2016-03-21 15:18:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Convert downloaded offline content into a single file

Roberto,

Yes there is a tool for creating an FLV (or MP4) version of your recording.

The method you used is for accessing the source files for the recording. This is usually done to attempt to repair the recording or extract components from it. However, this is a back door function and clearly doesn't give you a playable version of your recording.

What you need to do is use the Make Offline option to do a real-time recording to FLV or MP4.

Meeting%20Recording%20-%20Make%20Offline.JPG

Meeting%20Recording%20-%20Offline%20Options.JPG

#3 2016-03-22 09:58:31

Roberto

The problem, as I said, is that the original meeting is no longer available. It was deleted. So there is no 'make offline option'.

In the mean time I found an alternative. I created a new meeting and made a short recording. Then, at the OS I found the folder where this new recording was stored, deleted it's files and replaced them with the ones I had saved. New, selecting 'make offline' for this new recording I get the recording for the old one. It's probably not a very canonical way to do it, but it works.

Tks,

Roberto

#4 2016-03-22 10:52:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Roberto,

Sorry, I did miss that you said that. Glad you found a solution that works, but for future reference, you can just upload the zip of the recording source files to the Content library and it should work and give the option to make an offline version as well. That would likely be faster/easier than replacing a different recording's source files.

Board footer