Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-14 07:47:23

**_macrobernd_**

Can't insert serial key after trial has expired

Hello,
I installed presenter 7 as trial and used it 30 day. Now we got serial keys, but presenter reject them. You can insert the serial key but presenter informs that the serial is invalid.

After deinstalling and installing presenter again you will get the same result. And I tried to delete all keys in the registry...

It ist not a problem with my pc. During a Connect training in Adobes office in Germany a lot of members hat the same problem.

Does anybody know how to fix it without killing the pc?

Regards,
Bernd

#2 2008-10-14 12:34:37

**_dyun_**

Re: Can't insert serial key after trial has expired

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

#3 2008-10-14 14:23:05

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

My best suggestion is do the following steps:
1.) Uninstall any versions currently installed.
2.) Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe
3.) Delete the folder named Presenter 7 (as well as any others, if you had installed earlier versions previously)
4.) Reinstall Presenter 7 and enter your serial key during installation.
5.) Restart.
6.) Start Presenter 7.

Hopefully that will work out for you.

#4 2008-10-15 02:49:49

**_macrobernd_**

Unfortunately it does not work although I uninstalled and reinstalled presenter, deleting all folders and cleaning the registry.

It seems to be a bug that is repeatable on every pc.
I suggest to fix it with the next minor release.

But what should we do with our customers who have bought presenter and cannot use it?

#5 2008-10-15 11:30:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It sounds like your serial key is either bad or you have used it the maximum number of allowed activations. I would contact your reseller or Adobe support about it and see if they can resolve the issue by giving you a new key, or allowing more activations.

#6 2008-10-21 14:09:30

**_roysdenc_**

I agree with Jorma.  When ACP7 was first released we used the trial version of Presenter because we did not have a SN.  It took a while for Adobe to get us our SN, so our trials ran out.  Once we got the SN for Presenter 7 we put it in, and everything worked great with no problems.  I would start by calling Adobe and confirming that your SN is correct.

Chris

Board footer