Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-17 13:19:03

**_krallman_**

Editing Recorded Adobe Connect Presentation

Long story short:

I recorded a presentation yesterday for broadcast in a few weeks.
We rerecorded two slides in the presentation and now I have two recorded files.
I need to edit the original file and add the new materials into the presentation
I don't want to convert it in Presenter.
I would like it to appear as a live event in the upcoming presentation so Presenter would not work.
I will be using the FLV files to share the movie when the live event happens.
How do I go about editing the two files together so it is seamless?

#2 2008-10-17 16:33:17

**_dyun_**

Re: Editing Recorded Adobe Connect Presentation

I'm not 100% clear on the exact user experience you are trying to achieve.

When you say "I recorded a presentation yesterday" do you mean you recorded a Presenter presentation or your recorded a meeting?

My recommendation would be this (if I'm understanding you correctly):

1. Record in Presenter
2. Bring the Presenter presentation into the meeting (from the content library)
3. After the presentation is loaded into the share pod, choose "Show Presentation Playbar" in the Share Pod options menu.
4. A playbar appears for only hosts and presenters
5. Click Play, the narration starts playing and the participants have no idea if the audio is live or being played automatically from the presentation.

If you can provide me more specifics I might be able to give you more appropriate advice, but from what I can understand you are trying to achieve, this seems like the best, most elegant, reliable solution.

Best,
David

#3 2008-10-21 13:57:38

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Editing Recorded Adobe Connect Presentation

krallman,
    We use ACP for marketing purposes, often for pre-recording complete presentations for ondemand playback by our customers.  We also have some presentations that we would prefer to have the live experience where a customer can watch and chat with the "presenter" at a scheduled time.  For these we do what David suggests and record using Presenter, then publish it the the Content Libriary, and then pull it into a Connect meeting.  This gives us the ability to record a pollished presenation in advance (including software demo using other tools), but still allows for a person to chat with the customers live.
     Regarding editing a Connect presentation in general, with ACP 7 they added in some small editing ability, but it is limited to cutting out sections of a single recording, not adding recordings together.  Also, if you download your presentation it gives you a .flv file, which can be converted to other formats and edited with third party products.  If you make that edited file back into a .flv you could theoretically put it into a new Connect meeting room and play the video, but I do not know how great of a user experience that will be.
    Not the best of information for you, but hope it helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

Board footer