Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-24 20:34:12

**_antmuzic_**

Search does not work at all

I have a hosted Connect Pro server - and I have never got the search to find a single match. I'll name a presentation something like "Introduction to Widgets" and search for "Introduction" "Widgets" "Introduction to Widgets" and won't get any results.

Has anyone else experienced and resolved this issue?

Thanks,

-adam

#2 2008-10-16 16:26:46

**_wsipc-mike_**

Re: Search does not work at all

I had a similar experience recently and did some research. Turns out Adobe uses the term 'search engine' very liberally. All the search engine looks for (according to the documentation) is:

#3 2008-10-16 17:16:11

**_michael_**

There are a couple of places one can "search" within Connect:

1) The Web App:  search works for us.  You can filter on a particular content type, and it can search on content assets (down to words on a given slide), meeting archives, etc...  If this isn't working for you, you might have an issue with your install.

2) Meeting Archives:  The search criteria that wsipc-mike lists above are available from within a meeting recording.

#4 2008-10-16 17:55:14

**_wsipc-mike_**

I find that I can use the web app to search for uploaded content or PPT files. But I can never find recorded meetings unless I search for one of the items listed. I know we have dozens of recorded meetings called "something recording" but no matter how I search for the term recording, I get zero results. I can 'search within content', 'search titles and descriptions', and filter on 'all types'. No matter what I get no results.

I thought this was an issue with Connect 6, but since the upgrade to 7 the issue remains....

#5 2008-10-17 13:30:41

**_jameslloyd_**

Hosted as well - I've also noticed that I do not get any search results earlier than this year.  I've looked to see if there are any date filters applied, but no.  I can't search and get hits for anything before 2008. 

Anyone else?

Board footer