Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-11 08:33:55

**_Crozzer_**

Notifications to students added to a course

Hi. could anybody please help with this problem.

I've created a course in Connect 7 and enrolled 100 students. I now need to enroll a further 100 students onto the same course with notification, without the first group receiving that notification. I'm aware you can use the "add and email" function but that sends them "You are enrolled in ......etc" which gives them no indiction on what they've been sent. I'm also aware you can send notification to individual email address's and perhaps with using coma's a few more but, to do a hundred this way would be very time consuming and its on a regular basis I wish to carry out this function.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Roycrozz

#2 2008-10-14 12:37:39

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Notifications to students added to a course

You can enroll them, then set up a notifcation that will email to those who have not completed the course.

#3 2008-10-14 13:54:49

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you use the "Manage Erollees" feature of a Course, there is the "Add and Notify by Email" button. Select all the users (or groups) you want to add and then select the Add and Notify by Email. Then only the users you just added will be emailed.

#4 2008-10-15 13:32:11

**_Crozzer_**

Thanks for you both getting back to me.

I was aware I could just email those who have not completed the course but when I send out to over a hundred people per week/percourse many from the first notification have not completed the course and so receive a second notification and posibly third,fourth.....etc

With regards to "Add and Notify by email" doesent this just send out and email with "You are enrolled in the following course your required to complete" and I wish to add a lot more information such as why they need to complete, what it is they are about to view and how to obtain a password and technical support. I work for a large organisation (police force) and to be honest a lot of people use any excuse not to complete the course

#5 2008-10-16 11:20:13

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Sadly, there is no way to customize the email that is send out by the server through my method. The best way around this is to have an email that you have pre-written and saved that you can insert the URL and description of the class and send to all the individuals who need to take the class.

Otherwise, you may just find that using the reminder emails is the way to go. I can remind users that are already signed up for the course that they need to take it and the new users will be reminded that they have been enrolled and need to take the course.

Board footer