Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-19 10:34:54

**_jameslloyd_**

V7 - no link to reports wizard

Hi,

Checking our hosted account after the weekend upgrade and I can't find a link to the reports wizard.

Where should I be looking - the documentation says it should be visible after logging in as administrator.

#2 2008-05-19 10:45:26

**_gprivat_**

Re: V7 - no link to reports wizard

The new reporting features is being rolled out progressively on our Hosted service.  Expect it to be available in the coming 2/3 weeks.

#3 2008-05-19 10:47:53

**_jameslloyd_**

Ah, I am a such a fool for not reading Adobe's mind about this!

I should have known intuitively this would not be available and I was even more the fool for making business decisions based on the ability to generate reports after the upgrade!

wow, please forgive me Adobe for depending on you.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-05-19 14:11:18)

#4 2008-05-19 14:10:37

**_jameslloyd_**

Well, if anyone is paying attention, I just received an announcement from Adobe today (Monday 19may) with this tiny note in the grayed-out text of the footer:

"The enhanced reporting functionality will be delivered in June, 2008.

I've kept and reviewed every announcement preceeded the upgrade - none of which contained any mention of the reporting features being delayed -- so I guess we can only conclude that something didn't go quite right over the weekend.

Like I said, it's rough conducting business in this environment and by that I mean the lack of communication from Adobe about the status of our hosted accounts.

Potential buyers be very careful.

#5 2008-05-19 16:43:35

**_jameslloyd_**

Um, if anyone from Adobe has the courage to be reading this thread - will Manager Reports be restored until the Reporting Wizard is rolled out?

#6 2008-05-19 18:34:56

**_randahm_**

The Manager Reports link has been relocated to the new Reports tab, which as you pointed out, has not yet been enabled in our hosted environment.

The Manager Reports, however, can still be accessed with the following workaround, with which the support team can assist if necessary:

Steps to see Manager Reports in the current hosted C7 environment:
1) Login as someone who is a manager

2) In your web browser address bar, take a close look at the address that is displayed. It will be something like this:

https://admin.acrobat.com/admin/home/ho … Notif=true

3) Replace the text .../home/homepage...with /manager-reports.

4) Remove any text or symbols that trail the final number of your principal-id. The resulting URL will look something like this:

https://admin.acrobat.com/admin/manager … =805458833

5) Click enter.

6) Arrive at the Manager Reports page, and browse as usual.

#7 2008-05-20 10:06:39

**_jameslloyd_**

! - ok - thanks Randah.

My nature is to apologise for the flame in this thread, but seriously - I have promised reports to my boss and our director and this surprise from Adobe is just not making my life any better.

Please - we are your MOST important partners in your livelihood - please let us know what's going on!

#8 2008-05-20 10:15:06

**_jameslloyd_**

So using the url to access manager reports, it still appears that only completed curricula appear to managers - so it's not possible for managers to see folks who need help or reminders to complete their training

Please keep us advised on the status of this very important part of Connect!

#9 2008-05-30 12:24:37

**_randahm_**

Thanks James. I do know that this is an important feature, and you are a very important user. We are working to optimize the reporting infrastructure in this offering overall, and will then enable the new Reports feature (which includes the link to the Manager Reports) in this release.
The manager report logic was not updated, so managers will still see only users who have accessed their Training at least once in their manager reports. In the (soon to come) new report wizard, the Training reports do have updated logic to show all enrolled users, whether they have ever accessed the training or not. However, to be clear, these reports are for training managers rather than for 'managers'. I know this was a desired feature for you and others, but we were not able to fit in the manager report updated logic within the report wizard in this first iteration.

#10 2008-05-30 14:19:58

**_jameslloyd_**

Hi Randah,

I'm confused about your last post - you are distinquishing 2 terms called manager. 

I guess what I am hoping for is that a person with 'limited admin' permissions will be able to do filter reports based on the 'team manager' relationship built into users and groups. 

From the pre-release program, I have the understanding that the former 'manager reports' will not have filtering, but that I can give the single Limited Admin permission to ALL team managers, so that they can use the report wizard and filter on their team.

So, is filtering by 'team manager' indeed going to be possible with the soon to come report wizard?

#11 2008-06-23 11:40:02

**_DCALJOUW_**

It is almost the end of June, has anyone heard about the status of the Reports Wizard?

#12 2008-06-25 14:50:22

**_jameslloyd_**

NOT HOLDING MY BREATH

Seriously, it's getting time to consider Nutshell and/or Connect Solutions. 

Adobe is it's own worst enemy.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-06-25 14:51:19)

#13 2008-07-01 09:32:21

**_jameslloyd_**

I'm laughing now - just laughing 'til I cry:

Adobe wrote:

Mon 6/30/2008 11:24 PM

Dear Acrobat Connect Pro Customer,

We are emailing to inform you about the status of our enhancements to the reporting feature for Acrobat Connect Pro. We need to do some additional work to optimize this feature and are currently planning to release it to all Acrobat Connect Pro Hosted Customers in Fall 2008.

We will inform you at least 48 hours in advance of updating your account with this new feature. There will not be any changes to your current reports and data with this update, just added functionality. Until the reporting enhancements are made, if you would like to use the Manager Reports, please see the suggested workflow below.

We appreciate your continued support and feedback as we work to create the best possible service and for all Acrobat Connect Pro customers.

Sincerely,

The Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Team

sigh - I guess I'd hate to be licensed customer, the reporting module must be failing big time if they're holding it back from us.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-07-01 09:35:59)

#14 2008-10-15 11:15:34

**_jcooper9099_**

It's October and that feature is still missing.

#15 2008-10-15 11:27:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It should be part of the SP1 release for Connect, due out soon.

#16 2008-10-15 16:35:16

**_jameslloyd_**

Ha, and we just approved a budget to buy us some Moodle! 

Too little too late Adobe.

Board footer