Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-29 12:54:22

**_astephenssrc_**

Request to start audio recording failed

Our company routinely records our online meetings for posting to our internal website. In the last 2 months we've seen the following error message twice "Request to start audio recording failed. Your audio will not be integrated with any web recording."

(We use Premiere Audio conferencing and Adobe hosted Connect Pro)

After the first time this occurred we learned that stopping the recording and restarting the recording should resolve the error. Unfortunately, we had an opportunity to put this to the test last week. The good news however was that this solution (though it needed to be repeated 3 times) did work.

However, because the recordings are such an important element of this product for us, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and what you've learned. When the recordings fail / or are incomplete its a big problem for us and, understandably, it puts our Connect hosts on edge when they recieve this error message. I've been unable to retrieve any concrete information from Adobe or Premiere on what it is that causes this. Unfortunately while the recording is taking place,  neither Premiere or Adobe can confirm the Audio is recording and we are left to holding our breath and keeping our fingers crossed until the meeting is over.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Last edited by **_astephenssrc_** (2008-09-29 12:54:39)

#2 2008-10-02 09:52:52

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Request to start audio recording failed

I have heard of a few people that have problems with the audio bridge recording when using the phone for audio.  At my company we use VOIP, and have little to zero problems.  A lot of people do not like VOIP, but this is one place where we think Adobe has done some things correctly.  Keep in mind that our standard use case is a single (or possibly two) person(s) presenting, and everyone else is simply watching a live or pre-recorded presentation.  Our customers like if because they only need their computer and some head phone (or speakers), and do not have to use a telephone just to listen to the presentation.  That being said, I know Adobe primarily uses the telephone for their presentations, so it becomes a matter of personal preference I think. 

Check out this thread because it was started be someone at Premier.  Maybe you can get some answers from here.

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … php?id=714

-Chris

#3 2008-10-04 20:27:34

**_santhony_**

You need to contact Premiere support for these issues as soon as they occur. Logs can be reviewed to determine why the failure happened. You'll need to supply the time and date of the conference, the client ID that the conference occured under and your moderator or participant passcode so that it can be tracked down if you have more than one audio conference set up.

Once they have this information their support groups can investigate the issue further. My recommendation if it does happen, is to stop your audio conference completely and try again. You may have to wait a few minutes before the system recognizes your audio conference before attempting to try again (wait 3-5 min if possible) then attempt to start it again.

Without reporting it to Premiere, unfortunately I don't think anyone will be able to tell you why the issue happened.

#4 2008-10-10 15:29:13

**_astephenssrc_**

Thanks Shayla for your input. We did contact both Premiere and Adobe immeadiately in both instances and was unable to get a clear answer from either party why the error message occured. Unfortunately, ending the audio conference and restarting is not usually an option for us because of the number of participants.

I will look into the thread Chris posted as well.

#5 2008-10-10 19:35:50

**_santhony_**

I am sorry that you are having difficulty getting the answers you need from support. One thing I can suggest is to make sure both support groups have the opposite ticket numbers for each other so that they can communicate to determine the root cause.

If you don't have an open ticket still with Premiere, I would try contacting them again and let them know you had a previous ticket that was not resolved. They may be able to locate your previous ticket, or may have to start a new one. Either way you should be able to get a response on why this issue occured through Premiere.

Good luck!

Board footer