Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-07 11:13:48

**_GabbyWhite_**

Problems with embedding Flash in Presenter

I have been having problems embedding flash files in Presenter. They play alright but they are no longer interactive. What am I doing wrong?
Some one suggested that I use the setting below:
1) actionscripting 2,
2) disabling autoplay in Presenter

But that didn't work either.
I have also noticed that when I'm importing in my .swf into Presenter I'm prompted with "This swf file may not playback correctly".

Is there any other setting that could help, Like:
Flash player version?
Manage flash option setting in Presenter?
Overriding sound setting?

Please help?

Gabby

#2 2008-10-07 14:27:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Problems with embedding Flash in Presenter

Presenter 7 should be in Flash player 9.

If the SWF is interactive, then you would not want the flash controlled by the presentation playbar (Manage Flash option) but you would want the slide to have a wait command (slide properties).

What do you mean by "Overriding sound setting"?

Also what are you using to create the SWF files?

#3 2008-10-08 09:16:24

**_GabbyWhite_**

I'm using CS3 Professional Flash to create the .swf and one of the options in the Publish setting in Flash is, "Override sound settings". At the moment my publish setting in Flash are Flash Player 7, Actionscript 2, Compress Movie, Export Hidden layers. I did try expoting it with Flash and Actionscript 3 but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?
Oh by the way were would I find slide properties in Presenter?

Thanks,
Gabrielle

Gabby

#4 2008-10-08 09:35:37

**_GabbyWhite_**

I take it you mean Slide Manager for Slide properties. I can't seem to find a wait command in Slide Manager.
Thanks,
Gabrielle

Last edited by **_GabbyWhite_** (2008-10-08 09:58:49)

#5 2008-10-08 13:18:49

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The wait command would be setting the "advance by user" option to yes. this will tell the player to pause at the end of the audio or silence for the slide and the user will have to click the play or next button to go on to the next slide. This will allow the user to take as much time as needed for the interactive flash.

#6 2008-10-09 09:36:43

**_GabbyWhite_**

I have that setting and it still doesn't work. Would it be possible for you to send me a working example?
Gabrielle

#7 2008-10-09 16:01:07

**_dyun_**

Hi Gaby,

Here is a link to an example I just put together.  Without seeing your content its really hard to know exactly what is going wrong, but I've included screenshots of my settings in the hope that it will help.

http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p97357314/

Best,
David

#8 2008-10-10 10:55:41

**_GabbyWhite_**

Thank you for everyones help. I think I have, with your help sort this issue out.
Thanks,
Gabby

Board footer