Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-02-08 16:14:30

MRhea

Best Practices - Converting Keynote w/Embedded Video to PPT

I'm hosting our first webinar using Adobe Connect on February 20, with a tech run this Wednesday, so I'm a little stressed and looking for best practices on this one.

One of our presenters has a Keynote presentation with about 22 embedded videos. I've looked through a ton of information posted in various online forums regarding this topic, most through simple Google searches, and am more confused now than ever. So I'm turning to the forum:

1. Is it even possible to run a presentation with embedded videos in Connect?
2. What is the process, if the answer to number 1 is yes?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Michael

#2 2016-02-08 16:55:54

alistairlee

Re: Best Practices - Converting Keynote w/Embedded Video to PPT

Hey Michael,

It is possible to run a presentation with embedded videos - but it requires a product called 'Adobe Presenter'. If the video is simply part of the Keynote or PPT file, it likely won't play as expected. Adobe Presenter is PC only - so I'm not even sure if that's an option.

Another option might be to upload the videos separately into their own share pods. These WILL stream for everyone and it doesn't require any special software to make it work. You can setup layouts to make it easy to find and play the appropriate video at the appropriate time.

#3 2016-02-09 13:50:49

Sergio

Michael,

You could open up one share pod and try sharing an application (the open KeyNote file).   This would require that you have KeyNote already installed on your computer.   If you have Keynote this could be tested beforehand.

Sergio

#4 2016-02-09 14:05:12

alistairlee

Screensharing KeyNote would work well for the slides, but the audio from the embedded videos would not be heard by participants.

Board footer