Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-18 17:52:34

**_ppearson_**

Using Cost Centers in AC 7.0 Reporting

I need to 'track' meeting usage and discovered the "cost center" option and am trying to implement and test it.

As my users are already members of Connect, I did not 'import' them, so I want to assign each user to a cost center. In following the directions via the help files, I get to the point of editing user information, but there is no "Choose button" beside the "Cost Center Box" -- What am I missing?

Yes, I 'enabled' cost center reporting. Yes, I created two cost centers and designated how the minutes were allocated (I chose 'Allow each meeting host to determine how minutes are allocated' ) I even created a new meeting thinking *maybe* that's were I would assign a cost center.

It isn't working - I cannot assign a cost center to a meeting host (which is who I want to track, unless I can track a GROUP of users?) nor to a meeting. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

#2 2008-09-18 18:13:41

**_dyun_**

Re: Using Cost Centers in AC 7.0 Reporting

Hi,

Check out slide 8 of this tutorial:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

You can modify a user's cost center in their user details.

Hope this helps,
David

#3 2008-09-18 18:46:26

**_ppearson_**

Thank you dyun,
Right after I posted my message I found that presentation! It's wonderful, but I still cannot assign a cost center to my hosts. I do not get that "cost center" option on the "Edit Information" screen.

Could this be something that needs activation somewhere else? I do not 'administer' the Connect Server... I just manage our Meeting Administrators, Hosts and meeting rooms.

Any other ideas?
thank you!
Penny

#4 2008-10-03 17:23:00

**_ppearson_**

Just to close this thread: I found out the "Cost Center" is a field that needs to be enabled under Administration: User and Groups: Customize User Profile, then select "add predefined field" and enable the Cost center field. That way, when you edit a user, the "Choose Cost Center" option becomes available.

Board footer