Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-30 23:13:14

**_tsarner_**

Powerpoint Issues

Hi there. We are new to Connect and we are trying to get some presentations together for this weekend. We are having a few problems with our uploaded PPT presentation and haven't been able to find the answers yet, so I thought I'd post here.

1) Is there any easy solution for font problems- our fonts not being in the system and therefore looking awful when uploaded? We want to keep animations and the one solution I find in the Forums (saving as truetype fonts) doesn't seem to be an option in our Mac versions of PPT (2004 and 2008).

2) Is there any way of better navigating slides? In other words, if I am (for instance) on slide 28 and I want to quickly go back to slide 12, is my only option to click the "back" arrow a lot? This is a hassle, especially with animations.

3) What's the best way to format pictures for use in PPT presentations on Connect? We had some png that wouldn't show up. They seemed to work when formatted in JPEG, but is this the best way?

4) We are a relatively small non-profit so we hesitated to license Presenter, but would this help with these problems or just help in general with PPT's?

Thanks!
Todd

#2 2008-10-01 10:55:02

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Powerpoint Issues

#1) - you should be able to embed any fonts that are not on the connect server when you save the .ppt file - I don't have this problem (we use Arial - just Arial), but there are threads on this forum that cover where that option is available - http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … php?id=755

#2) - there is an index of slides available to presenters, but as of v7 I am only able to get it to display when the slide pod takes up a major portion of the screen/stage.  ALSO sometimes the index will only appear when the slides pod 'sync' button is turned off.  v7 really lost it here.  The control is described here (and man, it took me 9 minutes to find this page!): https://admin.na3.acrobat.com/common/he … 52452.html

#3) - Presenter cannot handle any images that are in CMYK color space.  We get these all the time from our print dept.  If you cannot re-save the image as RGB from a source file, I will often do a screen-capture of the image from powerpoint, crop it and re-insert it.  Windows screen-captures always seem to be RGB.

#4)  - how you purchase Presenter won't make a whit of difference for any of these items, except for #1 where you could license Connect and install all the fonts you want.

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-10-01 11:04:30)

Board footer