Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-12 09:13:15

**_josh_**

Start Connect Meeting without Adobe Connect Login Page

All,

I was very impressed about the discussion in "Integrating Adobe Connect Pro into an Existing Website" topic.
So my question goes a little bit further. Is it possible to integrate
only the Flash Meetings in an own portal, the user management should
be done via external CMS (or so)

Thanks a lot
JoSh

#2 2007-09-12 10:01:02

**_michael_**

Re: Start Connect Meeting without Adobe Connect Login Page

Managing users can be done in several ways, including LDAP Synchronization (requires the licensed version of Acrobat Connect Professional be deployed on your own infrastructure, or using ConnectSolutions' service), the XML Web Services, or manual import via the CSV import capabilities. 

Once you have users being managed across your systems, then you have the opportunity to perform single sign-on to make the experience transparent between the portal and Connect.

#3 2007-09-12 10:26:08

**_josh_**

Thanks for your explanations,

but I want to go one step further, we already have a user management
at our portal where they have their own private space. Updating (synchronizing) the users with Adobe Connect is hard an causes errors.
So best fo us is to do user and room management in our environmet and start only the conferences itself via Adobe connect.

#4 2007-09-12 10:42:45

**_lsutton_**

Do you have access to a staff that could create some custom code against the XML API's provided by Connect?

#5 2007-09-12 10:44:35

**_josh_**

yes

#6 2007-09-12 11:10:49

**_dotnetster_**

Hi Josh,

I about to start a project which involves an eCommerce element.  Visitors to a site will purchase webinars before they can view them. (Aside: it would be the icing on the cake if there was a little "buy" button beside the events with PayPal integration - but we can't have everything).  The site was built using Joomla, and already has a number of registered users.  So the challenge that i face is how to integrate Joomla with Connect. 

It was nice to know that there is a publicly available API.  So hopefully this will make my task easier.  Most of the code that I have seen though is Java.  If I manage to get it working, I will post some code here.

The other challenge that I face is how to secure the events.  My client wants to be able put an expiry date on the event.  So that after this date, they would not be able to view it.

So there are a number of challenges ahead, but Connect Professional is by far and away the best web conferencing app that I tested, and I tested quite a few including WebEx, Octopz (which is not half bad), Yugma, Live Meeting, Glance and many more...

Best of luck with your project...

dotnetster

#7 2007-09-12 13:03:14

**_leksem_**

We at WebAssist have been working on a couple of commerce projects that enable training providers to sell their connect content via a shopping cart and a secure portal.  Here is a little captivate feature tour that explains what we have down with our e-commerce solution accelerator.

http://breeze5.webassist.com/p29505704/

It has an example of selling content as pay per view or as a subscription service so it can be done. 

Michael

#8 2007-09-12 13:17:38

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Hi Josh,

It's also possible to create links that directly log users into meetings without going via the Adobe login page. This technique has a number of other benefits.

Click here to enter an example meeting room that will log you in automatically.

Note how the user name and company are embedded directly into the URL to allow you to skip the login process. This is easily accomplished using php or any other scripting language of your choice. Try changing the name and title by editing the URL.

I set this meeting room up to allow guests to enter automatically but the method works just as well if you need to approve guest entry manually.

You'll also notice that the window that pops for the meeting uses our own domain name (http://Train.RefinedData.com) rather than the acrobat.com domain. This is done through the use of a frame-set wrapper to maintain our branding.

This technique also allows us to force a window resize so that the meeting is always launched full screen for the best experience. By adding a little javascript to the link, you could easily pop a chromeless, fullscreen window which allows users to get the best meeting experience possible.

We can show you how to set this up and make it work for your own ConnectPro meetings.

Good Luck,

Terry

P.S. Check out our posts on the Hands Up meeting pod add-in. I've placed a free trial version on a File Share pod in the meeting room. We also provide RefinedVideo, a Streaming Video solution for delivering high-quality videos of unlimited length from within your Presenter presentations.

#9 2007-09-13 05:26:45

**_dotnetster_**

Hi leksem (WebAssist),

That WebAssist Connect Merchant plugin that you have looks interesting.  I have fired off an email to you sales department to find out more.  Haven't heard anything back yet...

dotnetster

#10 2007-09-13 10:04:50

**_leksem_**

dotnetster,

Thanks for your interest and we excited to have the opportunity to work with you.  I have spoken with the team and understand that you have spoken with our UK office.

Best,

Michael

#11 2007-09-13 14:59:59

**_dotnetster_**

Hey leksem,

Yep.  I had a chat with mark in the UK, and I think he is putting a proposal together.  It'll be great if it works out.

dotnetster

#12 2008-08-27 08:54:00

**_guitarcat_**

Hello the list,
new connect user here & newbie question. The instructions for branding seem to be pretty straightforward. Is it possible that branding is only available to enterprise users and not  to "PPU"? Thanks in advance,
Paul Elwood

#13 2008-08-27 11:37:01

**_sgentzen_**

josh wrote:

at our portal where they have their own private space. Updating (synchronizing) the users with Adobe Connect is hard an causes errors.

The LDAP authentication module helps out with this so at least you don't have to do a manual import of your whole LDAP directory.

You should be able to put your Connect meeting behind a portlet?  Hook Connect into your identity/access management system of choice, make the users come into the Portal and have the portlet reach over to Connect with SSO to grab whatever meeting URL you're looking for. 

Assumes the licensed Connect Pro, not the Adobe hosted one though.

#14 2008-09-05 00:54:30

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

that a Michael Lekse sighting I see?

#15 2008-09-05 00:55:49

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

guitarcat wrote:

Hello the list,
new connect user here & newbie question. The instructions for branding seem to be pretty straightforward. Is it possible that branding is only available to enterprise users and not  to "PPU"? Thanks in advance,
Paul Elwood

No for PPU.

Yearly, 12 agreements only.

#16 2008-09-05 05:44:48

**_paulherbosch_**

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the login page too.
I wrote a simple webservice in php that works.
Logs the user in and redirects to a meeting or whatever.

But then I saw Terry_at_RefinedData_com's post in this thread.
The link that holds the meeting + guestname that logs you in with one click looks really interesting to me.

Can you use it to log in a real user (not a guest) into a meeting too?
I tried modifying the url vars a bit but no luck.

Can't seem to find documentation on all possible url vars that can be used.

Ideas anyone?

Thx, Paul

#17 2008-09-17 15:40:37

alistairlee

paulherbosch wrote:

But then I saw Terry_at_RefinedData_com's post in this thread.
The link that holds the meeting + guestname that logs you in with one click looks really interesting to me.

Can you use it to log in a real user (not a guest) into a meeting too?
I tried modifying the url vars a bit but no luck.

Absolutely - but the "easy" way (via a URL with parameters like the sample above) sends the password in the clear.

use the following syntax:
http://servername.acrobat.com/roomname? … =topsecret

And obviously, replace servername with your server, roomname with your Connect Pro meeting room, joe@sample.com with your login and topsecret with your password.

#18 2008-09-17 17:32:25

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Unfortunately, Alistair's link won't work for logging a user into a Connect Meeting. He is however absolutely correct that passing the username and password in cleartext (which will also make it viewable and visible in the page source) is not a good thing to do. It may make some of your users extremely uncomfortable.

If you really want to do it though, here is the link structure you need to use. Please replace  the variables in curly braces with your own values. Note: there are no line breaks in the code. Do not alter the other elements in the URL, especially the feature code which is what distinguishes a guest login from a registered user login.

http://{yourservername].acrobat.com/system/login-content?account-id={youraccountid}&next=/_{youraccountid}/{roomorcontenturl}&path=/_{youraccountid}/{roomorcontenturl}&set-lang=en&login={username}&password={userpassword}&feature%3D1266=Enter+Room&chooser=on

Let me know if that works for you.

Good Luck,

Terry

Board footer