Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-30 13:00:03

**_schanzer_**

Audio cut off on files converted from Presenter 6 to Presenter 7

I have a large file (about 50 slides) with sync'ed audio that is working fine in Presenter 6. When published in Presenter 7, the beginning of the audio on each file gets cut off (a few seconds) when played the first time. Adding silence doesn't help (it still hiccups). Any thoughts? THANKS.

Last edited by **_schanzer_** (2008-06-30 16:40:29)

#2 2008-07-01 13:41:23

**_scottrbw_**

Re: Audio cut off on files converted from Presenter 6 to Presenter 7

Am having a similar sounding problem -- modules created under version 6, when converted to version 7, seem to have all their audio present, but the visual waveform no longer exactly tracks with the recorded audio.  In other words, sections that appear to be "silence" (no visual waveform) are actually audio, and the opposite is occasionally true as well.  This will make editing files created in version 6 impossible.  What's going on?

Scott

#3 2008-07-15 15:48:15

**_matthewwoodside_**

I'm having the same problem - beginnings of slides and occasionally other places too, especially where I've edited, are getting cut off on converted presentations.  I've tried adding silence to the beginnings of slides, but the silence is ignored.  Has anyone figured out a solution for this yet?

#4 2008-07-16 13:24:50

**_matthewwoodside_**

I've had some success with a work around.  The audio errors only seem to occur on the first slide and slides where I modify the audio, so I download the ZIP file from the old uploaded version 6 presentation, modify the mp3 files of the slides that I need to change with a 3rd party audio editor and import the slides back into the version 7 presentation.  Of course those slides will need to be re-synced. For some unknown reason, I then need to exit Powerpoint and re-open the presentation to publish it, or else the imported slides will be published as "No audio".  Has anyone figured out an easier work around?

#5 2008-07-18 08:17:06

**_scottrbw_**

Have posted this on the tech support portal, still waiting for Adobe to come up with an answer.  Matthew's workaround sounds brutal ... what part of "backward compatibility" doesn't make sense here?

#6 2008-08-12 23:50:39

**_admirer.blogger_**

I don't see this problem after installing Presenter 7.0.1 updates using Help>Updates

#7 2008-09-10 08:42:12

**_lego_**

I have not observed this issue with 7.0.1

#8 2008-09-12 08:01:25

**_laurad29_**

I was having this issue with new audio recorded in PowerPoint 2007 with Presenter 7. I updated to 7.0.1 and success - it's no longer an issue!

Board footer