Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-09 20:30:13

**_robert.l.mann_**

Review material when answer is wrong

How can I allow a learner to review material when the answer is wrong and then return back to the question to answer correctly?

Using Adobe Presenter 7.0.1
The quiz settings include:
- Pass required
- Allow backward movement
- Include instructions slide
- 3 graded questions

I have constructed hidden slides (before the quiz) that represent the review material along with a button to link back to the quiz question(s).

Consider the following sequence:

- Question 1 is answered correctly... go to next question.
- Question 2 is answered incorrectly... redirect to review slide (hidden before quiz)
- On the review slide... learner clicks on button to try Question 2 again.
- Question 2 is now answered correctly... go to next question
- Question 3 is answered correctly... get quiz results
- The learner has failed because of the sequence of going outside the "invisible quiz bubble". As such, there were 2 quiz attempts preformed in this sequence.

I have tried various approaches from moving the hidden review slides in and out the quiz - but no luck in finding the right solution.

Has anyone sucessfully implemented what is described above?

#2 2008-08-10 23:32:24

**_admirer.blogger_**

Re: Review material when answer is wrong

There is a concept of Quiz Boundary in Presenter which is from 1st question in Quiz till last Question or Result SLide . So if you have Review slides outside this boundary then when user will navigate outside Quiz ,it will be considered as an attempt

Create a Quiz with 3 Questions ,
Question 1, Review Slide , Question2 ,Question3 ,Result Slide
Now Define Goto Pass/Fail of Question 1 to Question 2 Slide and
Goto Review Slide on Fail option of Question2

or you can change the order to
Question 1, Question2 ,Question3 ,Review Slide ,Result Slide
Now Define Goto Review Slide on Fail option of Question2 and Go to Question 2 In Slide Property of review Slide

Also change no. of attempts for Question 2 and Quiz
I hope this helps

#3 2008-08-11 00:40:54

**_robert.l.mann_**

I should be clear by saying there is a review slide for each question.
I found when I placed the review slides within the "quiz boundary", the question had been locked from answering it again.

Let's say that question 2 was multiple choice with two attempts before failing. Go to review slide within quiz boundary and come back to question 2. Check boxes, submit, and clear buttons are disabled. The only navigational option is to click on the next button in the playbar.

Quiz is set to infinit attempts.
Question 2 is set to two attempts.

#4 2008-08-11 07:16:44

**_admirer.blogger_**

"Show retry Message" for Question  is unchecked by default.. so you don't come to know that you have actually replied to that question and your  attempt has been used  .
Also ,Question  Fail option gets executed if all attempts were incorrect

#5 2008-09-10 09:03:17

**_lego_**

I would suggest doing it in following way:

1) In quiz settings ,pass/fail options tab set 100% as passing score
2) quiz settings, pass/fail option tab ,if final grade tab set number of attempts to a high value say 25. in action select GoTo slide and select first question slide.
3) in quiz settings ,quiz result messages set fail message to something like (you have not answered all questions correctly click continue to retry quiz)

Or you can also set infinite question attempts(in quiz manager ,edit any question, pass/fail option click infinite attempt checkbox and show retry message checkbox)

Board footer