Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-03 15:02:11

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

The Google Chrome Thread

Hello ConnectUser Community,
I wanted to start a thread devoted to the newest browser to hit the market - Google Chrome <--clicky

If you haven't heard already, Google has made it official that they have entered the browser market.

Last night I downloaded and installed Google Chrome. I fired it up, and I was floored by how fast it started up. After gaining access to the InterWeb, I went to my Connect Meeting Room to test its Flash capability. Problems? Nope, not a one. Then I checked out my Connect Administration Panel.... Nothing. No lag there, either. Then I headed over to YouTube to see what it could do. Regardless of the fact that Google owns YouTube, that had no bearing whatsoever. This thing is a screamer through and through (even though it

#2 2008-09-03 15:09:40

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Re: The Google Chrome Thread

Not all is perfect with Chrome. Some Flash sites cause problems and the CPU meter readings skyrocket for certain flash content and respond slowly.

Having said that, my gmail acount screams in Chrome - this thing responds like a desktop application it's so fast. Others have reported that Chrome is slower than Firefox.

Either way, this is a step forward and can only mean good things for users of the Internet. Good for Google in taking on Microsoft and bringing new ideas and innovation to the browser arena.

#3 2008-09-05 00:38:18

**_santhony_**

So far I think it will be a nice addition to my ever growing collection of browsers - but the original EULA was a little concerning. My understanding is that Google has now updated the EULA, but for those who are using it - especially for businesses - you may want to actually read the EULA.

#4 2008-09-05 00:41:01

**_santhony_**

Keep in mind that IE8 is also coming soon. It currently is in Beta stage.

Board footer